Dr. Mouhamed Abdulla
Professor, Electrical Engineering
Faculty of Applied Science & Technology
Teaching & Research Interests
Scholarship, Research & Creative Activities
Mouhamed Abdulla is a Professor of Electrical Engineering in the School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Technology, Faculty of Applied Science and Technology.
Mouhamed earned his BEng (with distinction) in Electrical Engineering in 2003 and continued to pursue his Master’s in Aerospace Engineering and his PhD in Electrical Engineering all at Concordia University in Montréal, Québec.
Mouhamed has been an EU Marie Sk?odowska-Curie Individual Fellow (MSCA-IF) affiliated with the Electrical Engineering Department of Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, Sweden since 2015. While in Europe, he was involved with a variety of funded projects including EU-H2020-HIGHTS and EU-H2020-is3DMIMO, with research supported by Ericsson Research Foundation. In 2017, Mouhamed was a visiting Research Fellow at the Department of Electronic Engineering of Tsinghua University in Beijing, China, followed by short visits to BUPT, Harbin Institute of Technology, Huawei Hong Kong and Nanyang Technological University in Singapore.
From 2003 until almost 2010, following his receipt of his Bachelor’s degree, Mouhamed worked at IBM Canada Ltd. as a Senior Technical Specialist. From there he pursued an NSERC Postdoctoral Research Fellow with the Department of Electrical Engineering at the University of Québec in Montréal.
Mouhamed holds several awards from international organizations, government, academia, and industry. He is on the Editorial Board of various journal publications, and serves as a Technical Program Committee (TPC) member of flagship international conferences. Mouhamed is a referee for several Canadian and European Granting Agencies and is a member of the IEEE Connected, Automated and Intelligent Vehicles Working Group (IEEE P2040 Standard) and the IEEE for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (IEEE P2048 Standard VRAR). Mouhamed was an IEEE Executive Committee member of the Montréal Section as the Secretary in 2013 and Treasurer in 2014-2015.
Mouhamed’s biography is listed in Marquis ‘Who's Who in the World’ publication. To find out more regarding his professional qualifications please visit www.DrMoe.org
- Visiting Research Fellow (2017, Tsinghua Univ., P.R. China)
- EU Marie-Curie Fellowship (2017, Chalmers Univ. of Tech., Sweden)
- NSERC PostDoc (2015, ETS, Univ. of Quebec, QC, Canada)
- Ph.D. Degree (2012, Concordia Univ., QC, Canada)
- M.Eng. Degree (2006, Concorda Univ., QC, Canada)
- B.Eng. Degree (2003, Concordia Univ., QC, Canada)
- M. Abdulla, M. Troop and A. Majeed, "Framework for an Integrated Learning Block with CDIO-led Engineering Education," In Proc. of the 16th International CDIO Conference (CDIO'20), pp. 150-159, hosted on-line by Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden, Jun. 8-10, 2020. ISBN Digital: 978-91-88041-28-9
- M. Abdulla, Z. Motamedi and A. Majeed, "Redesigning Telecommunication Engineering Courses with CDIO geared for Polytechnic Education," In Proc. of the 10th Conference on Canadian Engineering Education Association (CEEA'19), pp. 1-5, Univ. of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Jun. 9-12, 2019. DOI: 10.24908/PCEEA.VI0.13855
ENGI-12578 - Electrical Fundamentals & Electronics
ENGI-28779 - Communication Systems
TELE-28649 - Wireless Communication Systems
ENGI-30123 - Wireless Communication
Smart Cities: LoRa, LoRaWAN, LTE-M, NB-IoT.
Transportation: ITS, CAV, C-V2X, DSRC, 802.11p, VANET.
Emerging Tech.: 5G, B5G, 6G, eMTC, URLLC, eMBB, AI/ML.