Free and confidential counselling sessions are available to all Sheridan students. Connect with a Counsellor if you are feeling overwhelmed, stressed or just want to talk to someone.
To make an appointment with a counsellor, you can:
Book an appointment online
Reach us by phone. Please leave a voicemail with your student number and your question/concern.
- Brampton/Mississauga: (905) 459-7533, ext. 5400
- Trafalgar Road Campus: (905) 845-9430, ext.5400
If this is an emergency, call 911 or take yourself to the nearest emergency room.
About Counselling Services
The college years can be times of accelerated growth and learning, significant changes, and considerable stress. It is normal - and even expected - for students to encounter difficult or stressful events. However, when students use the resources available to them, there is a greater chance of success and overall well-being.
Counselling Services are offered to assist students in building solutions to their own personal, emotional, or interpersonal concerns that may be impacting their academic success at Sheridan.
Common issues faced by students:
- Coping with anxiety and/or stress
- Feelings of depression or sadness
- Working effectively in groups and teams
- Getting control of drinking or drug use
- Coping with loss and grief
- Low energy and motivation
- Sexuality concerns
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Relationship and family issues
- Self-harm or suicidal feelings
- Body image and eating disorders
- Financial problems
- Time Management
Counselling appointments are free and confidential.
All services are strictly confidential and no information is released to anyone without the student's written authorization unless required by law. You can access the Personal Health Information Privacy Act (PHIPA) to review information concerning Sheridan's privacy and personal health information practices.