Accessibility at Sheridan
Our Commitment to Accessibility and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
Sheridan at all times undertakes reasonable efforts to provide our educational goods, services or facilities in ways that:
- respect the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities
- provide persons with disabilities the same opportunity to access Sheridan goods, services or facilities and;
- allow them to benefit from these same services, in the same place and in a similar way as that given to other persons
Do you need information in an accessible format or with communication supports?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your individual needs due to disability.
Let us know how we are doing!
We welcome your accessibility feedback. All feedback, including complaints will be directed to the Manager, Accessibility and Inclusion. Please be sure to include your contact information and preferred method of communication (phone, email, virtual meeting, etc.) and we will respond in a timely manner. Appointments may also be scheduled.
Phone: 905-845-9430, x2775
Mailing address: Manager, Accessibility and Inclusion, Centre for Equity and Inclusion, 1430 Trafalgar Rd., Oakville, Ontario L6H 2L1
Please visit our main website and click on the “Notices” button to receive information about planned and unplanned notices of temporary disruption.
Report accessibility features needing maintenance or repair
Sheridan students, employees and campus visitors with disabilities count on using accessibility features such as automatic door operators, elevators, ramps, etc. When these break down or need repair, please contact email@example.com or via phone at 905-845-9430, x2255.
Important accessibility information
Prospective students with disabilities
Current students with disabilities
If you are a student with a disability at Sheridan and registered with Accessible Learning you can contact the office directly about your academic accommodations.
If you are a student with a disability at Sheridan, you can find out more about the accessibility features at Sheridan Library and Learning Services.
If you are a student with a disability at Sheridan you can find out more about our fire safety procedures or to request an individual emergency plan.
Job Applicants with disabilities
Sheridan Employees with disabilities
Current Sheridan employees with disabilities can contact Human Resources to ask about the availability of workplace accommodation for employees with disabilities.
Are you an employee with a disability? Find out more about our fire safety procedures or to request an individual emergency plan.
Campus visitors with disabilities
Sheridan Accessibility Policies, Plans and Reports (AODA)
- Sheridan Academic Accommodation Policy
- Sheridan Academic Accommodation Procedure
- Sheridan Workplace Accommodation Policy
- Sheridan Workplace Accommodation Procedure (Employee)
- Sheridan Workplace Accommodation Request Form (Employee – Disability)
- Sheridan Workplace Accommodation – Individual Workplace Accommodation Plan
- Sheridan Workplace Accommodation Procedure (Job Applicant)
- Sheridan Return to Work Policy
- Sheridan Return to Work Procedure
- Sheridan Discrimination and Harassment Policy and Procedures
Other policies with accessibility related content
- Sheridan Procurement Policy and Contract Signing Authority (Sec. 4.7 AODA)
- Sheridan Procurement Procedure (Sec 14.2 AODA)
Accessibility Status Reports
- 2021 Accessibility Status Report
- 2020 Accessibility Status Report
- 2018-2019 Accessibility Status Report
Accessibility status reports created earlier than 2019 have been archived. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require these documents.
Accessibility Compliance Reports
- 2021 Accessibility Compliance Report
- 2019 Accessibility Compliance Report
- 2017 Accessibility Compliance Report
Accessibility compliance reports created earlier than 2017 have been archived. Please contact email@example.com if you required these documents.
Other accessibility training, education and awareness resources
Training – Digital Inclusion Series
Created by the Centre for Teaching and Learning and the Centre for Equity and Inclusion
- How to create Accessible Word documents
- How to create Accessible PPT documents
- How to create Close Captioned videos
Awareness – Accessibility Fact Sheets
- Accessible and Inclusive Speakers Guide
- Planning for an Inclusive Event or Conference
- Planning for an Inclusive Workshop or Presentation
- Barriers and Persons with Disabilities
- How to Create Accessible Email