Make Up Tests
Students who have missed an in-person quiz, test/exam, or in-class assignment may request to complete it at the Assessment Centre with professor approval. A fee of $25 applies, payable on the day of the booking.
Booking your test
Follow the steps below to book your test. If you are a student with documented accommodations through Accessible Learning, please visit Testing for Students with Documented Academic Accommodations for information on booking your test.
Note: Professor approval is required before booking.
1. Reserve a seat through one of the following websites (Walk-ins will not be accepted). You may book at a location convenient to you, pending availability:
2. Once booking is successful, you will receive an automated confirmation email with exam details instructing you to forward the email to your professor.
3. Your professor will open the email, verify booking details, and follow an embedded link to the Digital Exam Request Form (JotForm) to submit the exam and instructions. The exam will automatically be forwarded to the appropriate Assessment Centre.
On the day of the booking, students will be required to show photo ID to the Assessment Centre staff and pay the $25 per quiz, test/exam, or in-class assignment to be paid with a Canadian debit card only.
Additional information for professors
- A Digital Exam Request Form must be completed for ALL tests, including online exams without a paper component.
- Our preferred method of receiving both paper-based and online exams/instructions is electronically through our Digital Exam Request Form (JotForm). However, paper-based files can be submitted after completing the Digital Exam Request Form using one of the following methods:
- In-person during regular business hours (9 a.m.–4 p.m.) by the professor or Sheridan designate to the campus where the student has booked their test.
- By drop box after-hours to the campus where the student has booked their test. Physical drop boxes are located outside of each Assessment Centre.
- Professors must submit exam files/instructions 5 days prior to the scheduled exam date. This allows the Assessment Centre staff time to print, process, and administer exams in a timely matter. Please note that exams received from students will not be administered.
- There is no fee for students writing exams with academic accommodations approved by the Accessible Learning Office (e.g. accommodations which may be identified through disability or other grounds identified in the Ontario Human Rights Code).
If you have any questions, please contact any of our Assessment Centres.