An environment of innovation and creativity inspires us all to explore new ways of thinking. Immersed in our vibrant, diverse campuses and rigorous programs, our students experience first-hand our commitment to practical, experiential learning. While this energy can’t be captured in a page, here — at a glance — are a few of the things that set Sheridan apart.
programs across five Faculties:
- Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design (FAAD)
- Faculty of Applied Health & Community Studies (FAHCS)
- Faculty of Applied Science & Technology (FAST)
- Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences (FHASS)
- Pilon School of Business (PSB)
programs with work-integrated learning (WIL)* opportunities
* WIL includes apprenticeship, co-op, field placement/experience, internship and mandatory professional practice.
Hazel McCallion Campus
Trafalgar Road Campus
Total number of students
Continuing and Professional Studies
languages spoken at our Opportunity Centre to assist students
micro credential job accelerator programs
programs and courses offered
Figures from 2021
resources in the library collections
full-time and part-time employees
For every $1 spent by...
gained in lifetime earnings for students
gained in added provincial revenue and social savings for society
gained in added taxes and public sector savings for taxpayers
Sheridan continues to lead, manage and innovate for long-term sustainability, seeking novel approaches to funding options and partnerships, and reinforcing our leadership in green campus initiatives.
- In 2021, Sheridan was recognized as the EnVisioneer of the Year by Danfoss, a global supplier of energy-efficient solutions, for developing innovative energy savings systems. Sheridan uses pre-engineered, factory-built energy transfer stations (ETS) in its recently upgraded district heating system.
- We reduced our annual natural gas consumption by more than 280,000m3 — which equates to an annual greenhouse gas emission reduction of 530 metric tonnes.
- Sheridan was named the sole Canadian International Green Gown Award finalist in the Benefitting Society category for its Sustainable Development Innovation Ecosystem Project. The Green Gown Awards, supported by UN Environment Programme, recognize the exceptional sustainability initiatives being undertaken by universities and colleges around the world.
externally funded research projects supported by the Sheridan Research Office
engagements with industry partners
students involved in tracked curriculum-based research
faculty and staff involved in research
total external research income
Our Research Centres
- Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Design Technologies (CAMDT)
- Centre for Elder Research (CER)
- Centre for Mobile Innovation (CMI)
- Screen Industries Research and Training Centre (SIRT)
- Entrepreneurship Discovery Growth Engine (EDGE)
Sheridan in the news: Highlights from 2021
Community Partners Convene to Improve International Student Experience
To help international students transition to life in Canada, receive academic and social support, and ensure they feel a sense of purpose and belonging, the City of Brampton and Sheridan College have convened a Roundtable to bring together like-minded community organizations.
NBCUniversal partners with Sheridan to support Black, Indigenous and racialized student filmmakers
A new partnership between Sheridan and NBCUniversal will provide bursaries and creative project grants for Bachelor of Film and Television students who identify as Black, Indigenous and/or from a racialized community.
Sheridan CommUNITY clinic administers over 35,000 doses at closing
Over 35,000 COVID-19 vaccinations were administered at the closing of Sheridan's CommUNITY COVID-19 vaccination clinic on Thursday, July 29.
Three Refugee Olympic athletes bound for Canada to pursue their postsecondary education after Tokyo Games
Three athletes from the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Refugee Olympic Team have been offered admission to Sheridan College.
Better is education that puts you first.
The world needs a new kind of higher learning — one that blends teaching excellence, connectivity to the workforce, interdisciplinary creativity and innovation, personal development, academic integrity, and applied research and knowledge. At Sheridan, our learners are empowered with all of this and more.
Guided by our signature "S-Sense," Sheridan students gain the strongest skills and capabilities through a postsecondary experience that combines the best of college, university and polytechnic education. Our students know that they need cutting-edge knowledge, workforce preparedness and the self-sustaining optimism required to thrive in an ever-changing, complex world. They’re set up for success with a Sheridan education — there’s nothing else like it.
Updated: August 2022