Apply Now! Space is limited and subject to availability.
Submit your application 3 weeks prior to the Term start in order to secure your seat. Last minute applications may be waitlisted for the next admissions cycle.
No Grade 12?
Join Sheridan's Academic Upgrading Program
Your Pathway to College or a Better Job
Academic Upgrading is a tuition-free program that provides you with the admission requirements needed for undergraduate certificate, diploma or advanced diploma college programs or workplace skills needed for employment.
The program is recognized by all colleges in Ontario and is tailored to meet your specific educational needs.
Academic upgrading does not meet the admission requirements for Sheridan’s degree or post-graduate programs. For further support in meeting the admission requirements for these programs, please contact the Admissions office.
Please watch the video below to learn if Academic Upgrading is right for you.
We are always accepting applicants for upcoming terms.
Submit your registration form as soon as possible to secure a seat. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis, depending on space. Qualified applicants may be waitlisted for future terms.
Join our Academic Upgrading Information Session on April 12th!
Want to learn more about Academic Upgrading, or ask questions to our talented experts? Our live Information Sessions are a great way to learn about:
- Program details and information
- Program guidance and academic pathways
- Sheridan services available
- Career opportunities
- Website navigation and registration
- and more!
Date: April 12, 2023
Time: 12–1 p.m.
Location: Virtual (we highly recommend joining via a desktop or laptop computer as there will be a presentation aspect to these sessions)
Register for our Academic Upgrading Information Session
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to commonly asked questions by exploring the FAQs below. If you still cannot find answers to your questions, feel free to contact us.
Which subjects are offered?
Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) high school College-Level Credit Equivalencies:
ACE Core Subjects
- Communications (up to Grade 12C)
- Mathematics (up to Grade 12C)
- Chemistry (up to Grade 12C)
- Biology (up to Grade 11C)
- Computer Applications
- Strategies for Success
When does the program run?
Academic Upgrading operates on a three-term year, with each term lasting 14 weeks.
- Fall Term:
September – December
- Winter Term:
January – April
- Spring/Summer Term:
May – August
- Submit your application at least 3 weeks prior to the start of a term, as seats fill up quickly!
- Fall Term:
How long does Academic Upgrading take to complete?
Your time spent in the program is based on your academic needs or goals.
- Competency level is determined by your pre-admission assessment scores.
- The number of courses required to achieve your goal.
When do classes take place?
- Academic Upgrading is offered in-class, on weekdays.
- Classes run for 3 hours, 1–2 days per week, depending on the course.
9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
6:30 p.m.–9:30 p.m.
- Note: Schedules may be subject to change.
Where is Academic Upgrading delivered?
Sheridan College delivers this program at:
- Oakville (Trafalgar Campus)
- Brampton (Davis Campus)
- Mississauga (Hazel McCallion Campus)
What is the Cost?
- All courses are free of cost
- Academic Upgrading is a tuition-free program, funded by Employment Ontario for Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Ontario.
Is Financial Assistance Available?
Yes! Students enrolled in an Academic Upgrading course can apply for Financial Assistance for:
- Public Transportation
- Internet-related expenses
This support aims to reduce barriers to learning for students with low household income and resources. To learn more about this assistance and how to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are ACE Courses Offered Online?
- No, virtual ACE courses are not offered at Sheridan College, as we are committed to in-person learning at each Campus.
- If you are interested in taking upgrading online, you may visit the ACE Distance Delivery provider to determine if online learning is right for you:
Contact: email@example.com (for inquiries in English)
firstname.lastname@example.org (for inquiries in French)
How do I qualify?
- Age 19+
- Ontario Resident
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Convention Refugee
- English fluency (Canadian Language Benchmarks: level 6 in all four skills)
- Successful completion of pre-admission assessment
Interested? Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Us:
Monday–Friday: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.