No Grade 12?
Join Sheridan's Academic Upgrading Program
Your Pathway to College or a Better Job
Academic Upgrading is a tuition-free program that provides you with the admission requirements needed to apply to a college program, certificate program or workplace skills needed for employment. The program is recognized by all colleges in Ontario and is tailored to meet your specific educational needs.
Please watch the video below to learn if Academic Upgrading is right for you.
We are now accepting applicants for the Winter 2021 term, starting in January.
Submit your registration form as soon as possible to secure a seat. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis, depending on space. Qualified applicants may be waitlisted for the Spring 2021 term.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to commonly asked questions by exploring the FAQs below. If you still cannot find answers to your questions, feel free to contact us.
Which subjects are offered?
- Age 19+
- Ontario Resident
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Convention Refugee
- English fluency (Canadian Language Benchmarks: level 6 for all)
- Successful completion of pre-admission assessment
When does the program run?
Academic Upgrading operates on a three-term year, with each term lasting 14 weeks.
- Fall Term:
September – December
- Winter Term:
January – April
- Spring/Summer Term:
May – August
- Submit your application prior to the start of a term, as seats fill up quickly!
- Fall Term:
How long does Academic Upgrading take to complete?
Your time spent in the program is based on your academic needs or goals.
- Competency level is determined by your pre-admission assessment scores.
- The number of courses required to achieve your goal.
When do classes take place?
- Academic Upgrading is a part-time program, offered in-class, on weekdays.
- Classes run for 3 hours, 1-2 days per week, depending on the course.
9:00am – 12:000 pm
1:00pm – 4:00pm
6:30pm – 9:30pm
- Note: Deliveries and times are course specific and may be subject to change.
Where is Academic Upgrading delivered?
Sheridan College delivers this program at (2) campus locations:
- Oakville (Trafalgar Campus)
- Brampton (Davis Campus)
- Academic Upgrading is not currently delivered at the Mississauga (HMC) Campus.
What is the Cost? Is Financial Assistance available?
- All courses are free of cost:
- Academic Upgrading is a tuition-free program, funded by Employment Ontario for Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Ontario.
- Financial Assistance may be available for qualified individuals. Students can apply for subsidies towards:
- Public transportation
- Childcare expenses
Are ACE Courses Offered Online?
- Sheridan College is committed to in-person learning, and in response to the COVID-19 pandemic we have been working hard to transition our classes into a Virtual Classroom online Learning Experience whenever possible. While our Instructors are still teaching our Academic Upgrading Classes, unfortunately we do not offer ACE Distance courses online.
- If you are interested in studying online, you may visit the ACE Distance Delivery provider to determine if online learning is right for you:
How do I qualify?
Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) high school College-Level Credit Equivalencies:
ACE Core Subjects
- Communications (up to Grade.12C)
- Mathematics (up to Grade.12C)
- Chemistry (up to Grade.12C)
- Biology (up to Grade.11C)
- Computer Applications
- Self Management Strategies
Interested? Apply Now!
Follow the steps below to submit your application:
- Step 1: Download the application form. View download instructions if needed.
- Step 2: Complete the application form and save it to your desktop.
- Step 3: Email your completed form to the campus you are interested in attending using the emails below:
Questions? Contact Us:
Davis: 905-459-7533 ext. 5449
Trafalgar: 905-845-9430 ext. 8052
Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.