International Payment Information
Methods of Payment
The following forms of payment are accepted:
- CIBC Student Pay (Preferred Method): Allows students to pay at a preferred currency rate. International students can pay using CIBC International Student Pay by visiting http://cibc.sheridancollege.ca or through Sheridan Student Self-Service at myfeeinvoice.sheridancollege.ca.
- Bank Wire Transfer: Please review your Fees Invoice for banking information. Please send a copy of wire transfer details to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to include your full name, date of birth and your Sheridan student ID number on the wire transfer TT receipt.
- Internet Banking: Use Sheridan College as payee (your student number is the reference/account number) through Branch or telephone banking.
No other forms of payment are accepted.
Withdrawals and Refund Policy
The International Centre must be notified in writing of all withdrawals prior to the 10th day of class. All fees are subject to a non-refundable registration charge. This charge varies by program. Withdrawal Deadline dates can be found on the Academic Calendar. If a student withdraws after the withdrawal deadline, no refund will be issued and all outstanding fees must be paid.
International students who are refused their study permit or who do not meet the conditions of their offer will receive a full refund of fees paid minus a $200 administrative fee. For refused study permits students must provide a proof of the refusal (copy of Immigration document) within the first 10 days of classes. The Health Insurance fee of $550 is non-refundable after the first day of class. All other refundable fees, except the late charge, will be refunded. Refunds will be paid by cheque to registered students only. Please allow six weeks for processing a refund.
Students who pay for two terms in advance will receive a full refund of second semester fees providing the withdrawal is received prior to the fee payment deadline date of the subsequent term.
Students in attendance for two or more consecutive academic terms, who are unable to pay FULL fees by the due date, have the option to split their fee payment. Please refer to your invoice for more information.
Payment Due Date
Payment is to be received by Sheridan on or before the date indicated on your invoice. Late payment charges will be strictly enforced. Late payment received after the due date will be subject to a late fee charge, please refer to your invoice.
Note: To ensure your seat in your program and to avoid the late payment charge, please allow sufficient time for payment sent by mail or made at the bank to reach Sheridan by the due date.
Sheridan College – International Tuition Fee Exemptions
According to the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) Tuition and Ancillary Fees Reporting Operating Procedure (effective September 1, 2019), an international student is a foreign national who holds a valid post-secondary study permit issued under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA); or satisfies one of the criteria outlined in article 188 of the regulations under the IRPA which allow for study without a permit.
The following international students are eligible for international tuition fee exemption; i.e, they are eligible to pay domestic fees so long as the status they hold is valid and their documents are current during the entire academic term(s) for which they are seeking exemption:
- A Canadian citizen and spouse or dependent family member
- Permanent resident and spouse or dependent family member
- Convention Refugee (Protected person)
- Official visitor and spouse or dependent and staff (diplomat, foreign military, consular officer)
- Foreign worker and spouse or dependent family member (a foreign worker is to present a valid work permit which names a Canadian employer situated in Ontario and the prospective occupation, and is valid for at least six months).
- Foreign clergy member and spouse or dependent family member
- Foreign military and spouse or dependent family member
Family Members are defined as the following:
- Spouse or common-law partner
- Dependent child, or the dependent child of a spouse or common-law partner
- Dependent child of the dependent child referred to above
A dependent child is a child who is a biological child who has not been adopted by a person other than the spouse or common-law partner, or an adopted child, who is in one of the following situations of dependency:
- Under age 22 and not a spouse or common-law partner
- Enrolled continuously at a college, university or other educational institution and dependent substantially on the financial support of the parent since before age 22 or since becoming a spouse or common-law partner if that occurred before age 22; or
- A person with a disability who has been financially supported substantially by his or her parents, and who is unable to be self-supporting because of the disability
Deadline to Submit Supporting Documentation
All documents must be submitted within ten business days of the beginning of the term. Please see chart below for required documents.
Supporting Documentation Required
If the student IS NOT a dependent, please submit documents from A only.
If the student IS a dependent of a parent/spouse/common-law, please submit documents from A and B.
|Exemption Category||Student Only OR Parent/Spouse/Common-Law||Dependent Student|
|Canadian Citizen||Passport/Birth Certificate + Citizenship Card||Study Permit* + Proof of Dependency|
|Permanent Residents||PR Card/PR Confirmation||Study Permit* + Proof of Dependency|
|Convention Refugees||Study Permit* + Notice of Decision||Study Permit* + Proof of Dependency|
|Official Visitor||Foreign/Consular/Passport + GAC Identity Card + Diplomatic Appointment Letter||Foreign/Consular/Passport + GAC Identity Card + Diplomatic Appointment Letter|
|Foreign Worker||Work Permit 6+ mon. w/ Specified Employer||Study Permit* + Proof of Dependency|
|Foreign Clergy||Work Permit + Employment Letter + Proof of Ordination||Study Permit* + Proof of Dependency|
A “study permit” refers to a valid, post-secondary study permit All information provided above is current as of publication and is subject to change; Sheridan International, April 2021.
Instructions for submission of documents:
- Please email documents to email@example.com
- Please include your Sheridan student ID number