mobile navigation

Learn about Sheridan’s response to COVID-19 and our safety plans for limited in-person activity this fall.

skip to main content

Apply for Study Permit

In order to study in Canada, you will require a study permit.

For complete information on immigration and application requirements, consult the Government of Canada website.

Study permit application processing time can take vary by country, so you should start well in advance of your program start date.

Effective June 1, 2014 Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) introduced changes to the International Student Program. Please visit CIC website to see how this may impact you.

Effective June 1, 2014 all study permit applications must include Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number.

Sheridan College is a Designated Learning Institution and our DLI number is O19385946782

[The first character in DLI number is a capital letter “O” and not a zero]

New rules aim to protect Canada’s international reputation for high-quality education and improving services to genuine students. The new rules will:

  • limit the issuance of study permits to applicants who will be studying at a designated learning institution, including institutions that are designated by provinces and territories on the basis of meeting minimum standards;
  • require students to actively pursue their studies while in Canada; and
  • allow full-time international students enrolled at designated institutions in certain programs to work part time off campus and full time during scheduled school breaks without a work permit.

The Citizenship and Immigration Call Centre can answer questions, in English and French, about the new rules. Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-2422100