Teaching & Research Interests
Scholarship, Research & Creative Activities
Khalil Rohani is an award winning marketing professor with over 15 years of teaching experience in post-secondary environment in the area of marketing management and information management in Canada, Middle East, and Asia. He is a strategic thinker and has a wealth of experience and knowledge in developing adult curriculum.
In terms of his education background, Khalil holds a PhD in marketing from university of Guelph and also an MBA from university of Guelph. His bachelor degree is from University of Regina in computer science and minor in business administration.
- Rohani K, Kanetkar V, , and Chen, Chuahua (2015), Role of Squeals in Brand Extension and Expansion, INFORMS Marketing Science Conference, Baltimore, Maryland, John Hopkins Carey Business School, USA.
- Rohani, L., Aung, M., and Rohani, K. (2014), One step closer to the field: Visual method in marketing and consumer research, Qualitative Market Research.
- Rohani K, Kanetkar V, Joe B, and Teng L (2014), the effect of fairness and transparency in coupon design, Administrative Sciences Association of Canada (ASAC), Muskoka, Ontario.
- Rohani K and Kanetkar V (2013), the coupon is unfair: The effect of consumer perception of fairness and transparency on coupon redemption, Pricing Conference, Babson College, Boston, USA.
- Rohani K and Kanetkar V (2012), “To bundle or not to bundle? The impact of bundling and price transparency on consumer decision making”, INFORMS Marketing Science Conference, Boston University, Boston, USA.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of Distinguished Scholar Medal Award, College of Business and Economics, University of Guelph, 2015
- Recipient of Excellence in Teaching Award, Department of Marketing and Consumer Studies, University of Guelph, 2012
- In 2014, Khalil was identified by Ryerson students as “A Prof Who Made a Mark”
- Recipient of UAE University Exceptional Service and Teaching Award, United Arab Emirates University, U.A.E., 2006"