For a current list of all Sheridan administrative and academic policies, please visit Sheridan's Policies and Procedures page.
The Policy Review Committee (the Committee) provides recommendations and guidance to Sheridan staff on the development of policies related to the work of the Board of Governors, administrative staff, and academic activities.
The mandate of the Committee is to provide a recommendation for approval to the PVP for administrative and academic policies and to the relevant sub-committee of the Board of Governors for Board policies. This mandate will be achieved by:
- Providing feedback to policy leads on new or existing policies.
- Enabling a coordinated process for the development and approval of policies.
- Establishing a yearly policy review schedule.
- Ensuring all policies are consistent with legal, financial, and provincial requirements, while supporting staff and student success.
- Ensuring all policies are created or amended in a manner that reflects Sheridan’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Aligning policies with strategic and institutional plans.
Note: Academic policies that are legally required (e.g., Binding Policy Directives) by the provincial government will be approved by the Board of Governors.
The Committee meets every second month or as required. The Committee does not hold regularly scheduled meetings during July and August.
Rajan Sandhu, General Counsel