Office of the Vice President, Finance & Administration and Chief Financial Officer
Wayne Steffler joined Sheridan as Vice President Finance & Administration on August 8, 2017. He leads a dynamic community of professionals within the Information Technologies, Finance, Risk Management, Internal Audit, Business (Ancillary) Services, and Facilities areas which all support the successes of Sheridan College.
Wayne believes in the value of post-secondary education. Wayne has collaborated with educators, students, governments, communities, business and college leaders for more than 20 years. Prior to coming to Sheridan, he served as Assistant Vice President, Administration and Director of Finance at Wilfrid Laurier University. He led a diverse range of progressive and innovative projects in these roles, including major capital acquisitions and financing, major implementations of technology, budget process and design strategies, and numerous improvements to business processes.
Wayne is committed to delivering an exceptional learning experience and academic excellence. He has a keen eye for what success looks like in complex organizations, along with a passion for building collaboration, inclusivity, and engagement.
Building and maintaining relationships both internally and externally is very important to Wayne. Currently, he is the Chair of the Administrative Services Coordination Committee for Colleges Ontario. This involves collaborating with many sector colleagues and senior government officials. Wayne also served as Chair of Owl Child Care Services, a large multi-site early years education provider.
With a Bachelor of Economics degree from the University of Western Ontario, a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours Business Administration) degree from the University of Windsor, a Master of Business Administration from Wilfrid Laurier University and a CPA CMA designation, Wayne brings a wealth of knowledge and extensive experience in the public sector.
If you would like to contact Wayne, please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 905-815-4141.
Financial Services is divided into three sections:
1. The Director's Office has overall responsibility for Financial Services activities, including specific responsibility for maintenance of the Financial Information System (FIS), monitoring Trust Fund Activities (e.g., OSOTF), and the reconciliation and audit of all accounts.
2. Accounting Services provides many services, including:
- Accounts Receivable (collection of all student fees and other revenues)
- Cash Handling
- Accounts Payable (payment of suppliers' invoices, processing of employee expense claims)
- Fixed Assets Control (monitoring and tagging of all assets purchased during the year)
- Purchasing (issuing of Purchase Orders for goods and services)
3. Budgeting and Planning Services monitors all budget related activities; these include:
- The preparation of the overall College budget
- Reporting to the Board of Governors
- Monitoring of budgets and budget transfers
Financial Services provides the Sheridan community with a variety of financial and administrative services. These services impact students, clients, employees, and suppliers. The range of services provided includes:
- Collecting student tuition fees
- Paying supplier invoices
- Processing employee expense claims
- Maintaining corporate financial information systems
- Purchasing goods and services
- Information on academic fees
Our staff is available to help you with any questions you may have.
You can also view our financial statements for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2019 (PDF).
The Sheridan Procurement team develops and maintains a customer-centric approach to procure goods and services in a responsive, efficient and timely manner. The team is focused on continuous improvement and providing strategic support to stakeholders through an accountable and transparent process.
The Office of the Vice President, Finance & Administration supports Finance, Information Technology, and Administrative services throughout all campuses.
Vice President, Finance & Administration and Chief Financial Officer, Ext. 4141
Executive Assistant to the Vice President Finance & Administration and CFO and the Associate Vice President, Capital Development and Facilities Management, Ext. 4028
Associate Vice President, Financial Services, Ext. 2089
Associate Vice President, Capital Development and Facilities Management, Ext. 4066
Chief Risk Officer, Ext. 4079
Assistant to Chief Risk Officer, Ext. 8372
Associate Vice President, Business Services, Ext. 8242
Jill Van Osch
Assistant to the Associate Vice President, Business Services and the Associate Vice President, Financial Services, Ext. 8592
Associate Vice President, Digital Transformation and Technology, Ext. 4008
Assistant to the Associate Vice President, Digital Transformation and Technology, Ext. 4204