Fees & Financial Aid
Labs & Technology
Financial Planning Certification
Professional Sales Certificate
Earn your Masters degree
This program is not currently accepting applications. However, you may be interested in our Office Administration – Executive program.
Be in demand as a legal administrative assistant.
Things you'll learn to do
- Produce accurate court documents.
- Compose routine legal correspondence and legal e-transcripts.
- Apply legal terminology.
- Use the latest software applications specific to the industry.
Students who are accepted into the co-op program will spend one term (a total of four months) working in a legal office setting. This unique combination of classroom study and on-the-job training will allow you to explore a variety of legal office administration careers, gain work experience, and apply classroom learning to a legal office setting.
Mobile computing gives flexibility
Sheridan's advanced mobile computing teaching environment gives you 24/7 access to the course materials and software applications used in class. Using your personal laptop computer, you can perform class activities, complete assignments, and e-communicate with your professors and classmates. Mobile computing gives you freedom and flexibility that lead to greater learning.
Creative, innovative learning is at the core of all Sheridan’s courses. Here are the courses you’ll take in this program.
CODE TITLE CREDITS COMM19599 Business English 3 APPL19730 Word Processing Applications 3 LAWS11198 Legal Office Procedures 3 OADM18823 Document Processing and Proficiency 3 LAWS26947 Corporate and Business Law 3 OADM17545 Professional Presentations 3 Total: 18
CODE TITLE CREDITS LAWS22928 Real Estate Law 1 3 FLPL23921 Workplace Preparation 3 LAWS28913 Litigation 1 3 APPL10036 Spreadsheet Essentials 3 OADM29599 Advanced Document Processing 3 General Education Course (Open) 3 Total: 18 COWT10022 Co-op Education Forum 1
CODE TITLE CREDITS LAWS27732 Real Estate Law 2 3 OADM29119 Communication Skills for Legal Professionals 3 APPL20000 Advanced Word Processing 3 LAWS20794 Litigation 2 3 APPL29014 Legal Financial Records 3 General Education Course (Open) 3 Total: 18
CODE TITLE CREDITS LAWS26852 Estate Administration 3 LAWS16367 Business Law 3 OADM20102 Project Management for Office Administrators 3 LAWS26776 Family Law 3 MGMT24885 Leadership in the Workplace 3 General Education Course (Open) 3 Total: 18
Courses subject to change.
Find course details:
Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent, including these required courses:
- One English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or ENG4U) with a minimum 60%
- Minimum 65% overall average.
Eligible applicants are selected on the basis of previous academic achievement (the average of their six highest senior-level credits, including required courses). Although not a requirement, Grade 12 mathematics or equivalent and basic computer skills are recommended.
Applicants who do not meet the admission requirements for this program will be assessed and advised individually and may be considered for other, related programs.
*Course duration for September starts (non-coop) is 2 academic years. Course duration for January starts is 16 months continuous.
English Language ProficiencyAll applicants whose first language is not English must meet Sheridan’s English proficiency requirements.
As a graduate of Sheridan's Office Administration – Legal program, you'll be ready to begin your career as a legal administrative assistant. Many of our grads also continue their education and advance in their career to become law clerks, paralegals, office managers and senior administrators.
Here are some areas in which you might work:
- Criminal or litigation law administration
- Estate administration
- Real estate law administration
- Family law administration
- Intellectual property law administration
- Corporate or business law administration
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Conduct oneself professionally and adhere to relevant legislation, standards and codes of ethics.
- Manage the scheduling, coordination and organization of administrative tasks and workflow within specific deadlines and according to set priorities and procedures.
- Coordinate the collection, analysis, distribution and response to communications in the workplace to facilitate the flow of information.
- Operate and provide support to others related to the use of office equipment and technologies.
- Evaluate, establish and administer legal records management systems to ensure confidential, secure, accessible and organized electronic and paper records.
- Produce client account and billing records for legal services by compiling relevant information and using accounting software.
- Produce legal documentation for corporate, civil, family, real estate and wills and estates law using available technologies and applying industry standards.
- Use interpersonal and client service skills to respond to diversity and to support the goals of the organization.
Fees shown here are estimates only. Fees are in Canadian dollars and include tuition, health insurance and ancillary charges.
The fees shown here are for the 2020–2021 academic year, and are subject to change. The fees displayed are for the first two (2) academic terms of study at Sheridan unless otherwise noted; fees for subsequent terms are not reflected on this website.
Fees for this program are paid to the University of Toronto Mississauga.
Fees for this program are paid to Brock University.
Sheridan Degree Entrance Scholarship
Sheridan is pleased to provide an entrance scholarship in the amount of $1,000 to select applicants in this degree program. View Sheridan Degree Entrance Scholarship details for eligibility criteria and more.
Sheridan Degree Entrance Scholarship
Sheridan is pleased to provide an entrance scholarship in the amount of $1,500 to select applicants in this degree program. View Sheridan Degree Entrance Scholarship details for eligibility criteria and more.
Sheridan Degree Entrance Scholarship
Sheridan is pleased to provide an entrance scholarship in the amount of $2,500 to select applicants in this degree program. View Sheridan Degree Entrance Scholarship details for eligibility criteria and more.
Explore your future campus with a 360° virtual tour
Get to know the places and spaces that are part of the Sheridan experience.
Get a feel for your future
Find your fit and choose with confidence. Choosing the right education is a big decision. At Sheridan we’re committed to providing you with the learning, support and services you need to achieve your goals and reach your full potential. Take a look around, and please connect with us if you have any questions!
Explore our campuses from the comfort of your home! Take a virtual tour through our classrooms, labs and student life spaces to get a feel for life on campus.
Join us for a webinar and get answers to those questions on your list.
This year, we're bringing our Open House to you! No need to leave your couch to explore our campuses and learn about all that Sheridan has to offer.
Have a question? Contact us.
We’re happy to help with any questions you may have. Give us a call at any of these numbers and select Option 4 after the prompt, or simply fill out the contact form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Contact Centre hours of operation:
Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m.–1 p.m.