Sheridan Celebrates “Pi Day” With Math Games and Free Pie
“Pi Day” is celebrated by math enthusiasts around the world to honour the mathematical equation π which equals 3.141592653...often abbreviated as 3.14. Since March 14 represents the third month and the fourteenth day, it has become known as “Pi Day”. Coincidentally, it’s also Einstein’s birthday.
In honour of π, Sheridan will host its sixth annual “Pi Day” event on Friday March 14 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the B-wing of its Davis Campus in Brampton. Participants can try their smarts at math games and challenges while they enjoy free pie, courtesy of a generous donation by Sara Lee in Mississauga. Ice cream will be served for $1 per scoop, with proceeds supporting Mt. Sinai Hospital, the Davis Bruins Toastmasters Club and Sheridan’s Student Emergency Fund.
The event typically draws 400 people, including many student volunteers. The event is co-sponsored by Davis Career Education and Library and Learning Services.
- Sheridan to offer Canada’s first osteopathy degree in the postsecondary system
- Sheridan tops Forbes Canada's Best Employers list
- Sheridan ranks #1 in research partnerships and industry research income in annual college rankings
- How animation alumna Tale Linh Do brings her visions to life
- Sheridan alumni nominated for more than 60 Canadian Screen Awards