Sheridan Celebrates “Pi Day” With Math Games and Free Pie
“Pi Day” is celebrated by math enthusiasts around the world to honour the mathematical equation π which equals 3.141592653...often abbreviated as 3.14. Since March 14 represents the third month and the fourteenth day, it has become known as “Pi Day”. Coincidentally, it’s also Einstein’s birthday.
In honour of π, Sheridan will host its sixth annual “Pi Day” event on Friday March 14 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the B-wing of its Davis Campus in Brampton. Participants can try their smarts at math games and challenges while they enjoy free pie, courtesy of a generous donation by Sara Lee in Mississauga. Ice cream will be served for $1 per scoop, with proceeds supporting Mt. Sinai Hospital, the Davis Bruins Toastmasters Club and Sheridan’s Student Emergency Fund.
The event typically draws 400 people, including many student volunteers. The event is co-sponsored by Davis Career Education and Library and Learning Services.
- Playing with fire: Gearing up for a second season of Blown Away
- Sheridan celebrates second season of Netflix series “Blown Away”
- Sheridan soars to 14th spot on Forbes’ Canada's Best Employers list
- Partnership with McMaster University opens degree pathways to Sheridan General Arts and Science graduates
- Breaking down barriers: How an inclusive environment created new opportunities