Counselling & Support
We understand that this situation can cause anxiety and stress. If you need support, please reach out! There are many counselling services and resources available to support you.
Sheridan students, staff and faculty have also partnered to compile this Mental Well-Being Resources Guide.
If you experience flu-like symptoms with a fever, please contact your local family doctor or call Telehealth Ontario (open 24/7) at 1-866-797-000.
Campus Health Centres
Our Davis and Trafalgar Campus Health Centre are now open for in-person appointments. However, all appointments will begin with a virtual consultation with a nurse, nurse practitioner or doctor, who will determine whether an in-person appointment is needed.
Health Centre hours:
- Davis 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Monday to Thursday; 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Friday
- Trafalgar 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Monday and Wednesday; 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
To contact the Health Centre and set up a virtual consultation, please call 905- 459-7533, ext. 5153 for the Davis campus and 905 845 9430 ext. 2550 for the Trafalgar campus, starting Aug 31. Please leave a message clearly stating your name and phone number, and we’ll return your call as soon as we can.
- Learn more about coming to campus for an appointment.
While the Hazel McCallion Campus Health Centres remain closed until further notice, the following remote services are still available:
- Telephone and virtual visits with our doctors and nurse practitioner.
- Nurses are also available for consultation daily from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Prescriptions may still be renewed, and many forms can still be processed.
- For assistance, please call (905) 459-7533, ext. 5153.
For additional health supports, including resources from Public Health, please visit our Health Resources page.
Helpful resources from Public Health
- Protect yourself and others — how to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including COVID-19.
- Practice "social distancing" — what social distancing means, and how to practice it.
- COVID-19 self-assessment tool — to help you determine if you need to seek further care from your healthcare practitioner or Telehealth Ontario for COVID-19.
- How to self-monitor for COVID-19 — if you believe you've been exposed to someone with COVID-19 symptoms.
- How to self-isolate for 14 days — if you've just returned from travel outside of Canada, or if you feel symptoms of COVID-19.