Alumni: Thank you for having your say
Over the past two years, we’ve had plenty of opportunity to explore new ways to engage with and support our graduates. At the same time, we know our alumni have been looking to connect with each other and to tap into resources and opportunities available at Sheridan.
That’s why, earlier this year, we conducted our second Sheridan Alumni survey. We wanted to hear from you and find out what’s important to you, what types of services, benefits and events you would like us to offer, and how we can best serve you. Thank you to everyone who took the time to fill out the survey. Your voices will guide us forward as we find more ways to benefit you.
The survey was conducted between May 18 and June 5, 2022 by Canadian independent research firm, Engagement Analysis Inc. We received 2,686 participants in the survey for a 2.4% response rate, which has a confidence interval of +/- 1.9 percentage points at the 95% confidence level, or 19 times out of 20.
We received responses from alumni from across all programs, and from alumni who were among the very first students who graduated five decades ago, right up until members of our classes from the 2020s. The survey responses help us paint an overall picture of our Sheridan alumni family and how our graduates are woven into our community, driving our local economies, and making Peel and Halton Regions thriving places to live and work.
Among the key findings, we learned that:
- Most members of our alumni community are proud of being a Sheridan graduate, telling us that they were satisfied with their academic experience at Sheridan and that the school created a caring environment for them.
- More than 90% say that their degree or diploma remains professionally valuable to them and relevant in today’s labour market.
- The survey also helped us reveal the different ways in which Sheridan plays an important part in developing students as active leaders and members of our communities, serving as a foundation that allows students to cultivate skills and knowledge that ensures career success and provides an opportunity to form lifelong career networks and friendships.
The survey also offered insight into the types of activities and programs that could enrich your relationship with Sheridan.
- Some respondents told us that lack of time was one of the main barriers to staying connected to Sheridan, so we will continue to keep that front of mind as we move ahead with programming that includes virtual options.
- Forty-three per cent of respondents told us they wanted to read more about their program of study in our alumni communications, while news about Sheridan, fellow alumni success, and alumni events were also top topics alumni said they’d like to see in our content.
- Respondents also told us they want to see more services and group discounts, mentoring and career supports for students and alumni, as well as more educational opportunities.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to our survey.
For more information on the survey, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org