Kirsty E McKenzie
Faculty of Applied Health & Community Studies
Teaching & Research Interests
Scholarship, Research & Creative Activities
Kirsty had been a Certified Athletic Therapist since 1999. Her formal education includes a Bachelor of Kinesiology from McMaster University (1996), a Diploma in Sports Injury Management from Sheridan College (1999), and a Master of Science Degree from McMaster University (2007). Upon graduating from Sheridan College, Kirsty went into private practice and then returned to Sheridan as a faculty member in 2001. Kirsty currently serves as a member of the CATA Program Accreditation Committee. Kirsty’s teaching interests include the Clinical Assessment and Rehabilitation courses along with the Manual Therapy Techniques course in the Bachelor of Applied Health Sciences (Athletic Therapy) program.
Philosophy of teaching
- “Life attracts life, both inside and outside the classroom”
- Canadian Athletic Therapists Association
- Ontario Athletic Therapy Association
- College of Kinesiology of Ontario
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Clinical Assessment and Rehabilitation
- Manual Therapy
- Investigating the muscular activation strategy and kinematics of the lower extremity.