Future Students

Entrance scholarships for new international students, 2021/2022 academic year

All new international students beginning their studies in the Fall 2021 or Winter 2022 semesters (with the exception of ESL and CAPS programs) will receive an entrance scholarship ranging from $1,000 to $2,000. Students will be notified of their exact scholarship amount with their offer of admission. These funds will be automatically added to students’ accounts in two equal instalments issued early in the first and second terms of study. Students must remain full-time in term two for the second instalment to be issued.

Welcome to Sheridan!

We hope to provide you with all the necessary information you need in order to apply to Sheridan as an international student. We offer a variety of career-focused programs to a diverse student body with a blend of theoretical and applied learning that may lead you to the career of your choice upon graduation.

From admission through to your arrival in Canada, and all the way to graduation, we are here to help!

Here are some of our services:
  • Advice on selecting the career-oriented program that's right for you, plus information on admission requirements and registration
  • Assistance in answering questions regarding study and work permits, extensions and immigration
  • An orientation to help you become familiar with your new surroundings and with Sheridan's campuses
  • Information about health insurance, on-campus employment, SIN (Social Insurance Number) cards and scholarships
  • Information on how to get academic help from a Peer Mentor or how to become one yourself
  • Social activities are organized regularly - participation is optional
  • Assistance with any other concerns you might have (e.g. Payment Information, Portfolio Assessment, Fee Payment, Housing)

Student Direct Stream (SDS)

The Student Direct Stream (SDS) provides a streamlined study permit application process for students who will study at an eligible Canadian college or university.

Who can apply?

You can apply if you’re a legal resident in: China, India, the Philippines, or Vietnam.

If you live in another country (even if you’re a citizen of one of the countries above), you have to apply through the regular study permit application process.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.
By using our website, you agree to our use of cookies.