Research Ethics Board
Any research conducted at Sheridan or undertaken by Sheridan professors, administrators or students involving human participants must be reviewed and approved by the Sheridan Research Ethics Board (SREB). Applications for review should be submitted to the SREB using the appropriate guidelines and forms.
The mission of the SREB is to ensure that research affiliated with Sheridan involving human participants meets the highest ethical standards. To do this, Sheridan follows the guidelines set out in the Tri-Council Policy Statement on Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans.
The SREB meets the last Thursday of every month, except for July and August when meetings are suspended. The SREB meets on the last Thursday of December before the holidays begin. All applications must be complete and submitted 10 business days before the next meeting.
- For Sheridan Researchers (Sheridan Central)
- For External Researchers
- For Research Participants
- Multi-College Research Ethics Board
- Meeting dates and submission deadlines – 2020
For questions related to application submissions:
Deepti Kapadia, SREB Coordinator
For consultation regarding ethical issues, REB decisions, and SREB policies:
Dr. Kirsten Madsen, SREB Chair
Phone: (905) 845-9430 x2795
SREB membership list
- Chair – Kirsten Madsen, PhD., Professor, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (FHASS)
- Jaime Ginter, PhD., Professor, School of Social and Life Sciences (FHASS)
- Dalya Abdulla, PhD., Professor, Faculty of Applied Health and Community Studies (FAHCS)
- Julie Dempsey, PhD., Professor, Faculty of Applied Health and Community Studies (FAHCS)
- James March, Professor, Faculty of Animation, Arts and Design (FAAD)
- Frederick Koch, PhD., Professor, Pilon School of Business (PSB)
- Behije Noka, MED, RSSW