2 yrs (4 semesters)
Hazel McCallion Campus
Fees & Financial Aid
Labs & Technology
Financial Planning Certification
Professional Sales Certificate
Earn your Masters degree
For the Winter 2021 semester, this program will be delivered entirely through remote learning. View delivery modes for all programs.
Gain the skills to provide specialized administrative support.
Using your laptop in our Internet-connected classrooms, you'll complete interactive assignments and learn the skills most in demand by today's employers. The two-year program focuses on the higher-level technical and professional skills required if you wish to work in an executive office.
Things you'll learn
- Advanced administrative functions such as arranging travel and taking minutes.
- Executive support skills such as banking and payroll.
- Advanced Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Business writing, Internet research and report writing skills.
Administrative Simulation or Field Placement
When you've completed the first three terms and have met a prescribed GPA, you can choose either an Administrative Simulation course or a Field Placement course. Both prepare you for entry-level support positions in a business, government or professional office. This experience can be invaluable when you're ready to look for a professional executive assistant or administrative assistant position.
You’ll also learn:
- Leadership skills needed by office supervisors.
- Webpage design including combining text, graphics, audio and video.
- Oral presentation skills.
- Job search and interview techniques.
Maximize Your Learning With Mobile Computing
Sheridan’s mobile computing teaching environment gives you 24/7 access to the course materials and software applications used in class. Using your personal laptop computer, you can perform class activities, complete assignments, and e-communicate with your professors and classmates. Mobile computing gives you freedom and flexibility that lead to greater learning.
"In my two years in the Office Administration – Executive Program I have gained many skills which I continue to use in my career. I was given an excellent placement, who also hired me after graduating. I am where I am because of my outstanding professors. Thank you." – Nisha Patel, Administrative Assistant, AssessMed, Mississauga
Creative, innovative learning is at the core of all Sheridan’s courses. Here are the courses you’ll take in this program.
CODE TITLE CREDITS COMM19599 Business English 3 APPL19730 Word Processing Applications 3 APPL10036 Spreadsheet Essentials 3 OADM18823 Document Processing and Proficiency 3 OADM19402 Administrative Procedures 1 3 OADM17545 Professional Presentation 3 Total: 18
CODE TITLE CREDITS APPL25586 Advanced Spreadsheets 3 OADM29599 Advanced Document Processing 3 APPL20000 Advanced Word Processing 3 FLPL23921 Workplace Preparation 3 OADM15292 Administrative Procedures 2 3 General Education Course (Open) 3 Total: 18
CODE TITLE CREDITS OADM29546 Communication Skills for Administrative Professionals 3 APPL15738 Database Management 3 APPL26783 Desktop Publishing 3 OADM 25175 Administrative Procedures 3 3 OADM28823 Financial Office Management 3 General Education Course (Open) 3 Total: 18
CODE TITLE CREDITS APPL27670 Multimedia Presentations 3 OADM20049 Introduction to Event Planning 3 OADM20102 Project Management for Office Administrators 3 MGMT24885 Leadership in the Workplace 3 General Education 3 Plus one of the following: FLPL28263 Field Placement 4 OADM26220 Administrative Simulation 4 Total: 19
Courses subject to change.
Find course details:
Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent, including these required courses:
- One English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or ENG4U) with a minimum 60%
- Minimum 65% overall average.
Eligible applicants are selected on the basis of previous academic achievement (the average of their six highest senior-level credits, including required courses). Although not a requirement, Grade 12 mathematics or equivalent and basic computer skills are recommended.
Applicants who do not meet the admission requirements for this program will be assessed and advised individually and may be considered for other, related programs.
*Course duration for September starts is 2 academic years. Course duration for January starts is 16 months continuous.
English Language ProficiencyAll applicants whose first language is not English must meet Sheridan’s English proficiency requirements.
As a graduate of Sheridan's Office Administration – Executive diploma program, you'll be ready to take on the responsibilities of a busy professional office.
Here are some jobs you might find:
- Administrative or Executive Assistant
- Human Resources Clerk
- Office Administrator or Supervisor
- Product Information Coordinator
- Project Manager Assistant
- Records Management Coordinator
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Conduct oneself professionally and adhere to relevant legislation, standards and codes of ethics.
- Manage the scheduling, coordination and organization of administrative tasks and workflow within specific deadlines and according to set priorities.
- Coordinate the collection, analysis, distribution and response to communications in the workplace to facilitate the flow of information.
- Operate and provide support related to the use, maintenance and procurement of office equipment and technologies.
- Evaluate, establish and administer a variety of records management systems to ensure confidential, secure, accessible and organized electronic and paper records.
- Produce financial documents and reports by identifying and compiling relevant information and using accounting software.
- Prepare and produce a variety of business documents using available technologies and applying industry standards.
- Use interpersonal, leadership and client service skills to respond to diversity and to support the vision and mission of the organization.
- Research, analyze and summarize information on resources and services and prepare summary reports with recommendations.
- Select and use information technologies to support communication with internal and external stakeholders and to promote the organization.
- Organize and coordinate meetings, conferences, special events and make travel arrangements, including the preparation of related documentation.
- Support the implementation of projects by applying basic principles of project management.
Fees shown here are estimates only. Fees are in Canadian dollars and include tuition, health insurance and ancillary charges.
The fees shown here are for the 2020–2021 academic year, and are subject to change. The fees displayed are for the first two (2) academic terms of study at Sheridan unless otherwise noted; fees for subsequent terms are not reflected on this website.
Fees for this program are paid to the University of Toronto Mississauga.
Fees for this program are paid to Brock University.
Fees for Canadian students$4,088.05
Fees for International students$16,929.05
Sheridan Degree Entrance Scholarship
Sheridan is pleased to provide an entrance scholarship in the amount of $1,000 to select applicants in this degree program. View Sheridan Degree Entrance Scholarship details for eligibility criteria and more.
Sheridan Degree Entrance Scholarship
Sheridan is pleased to provide an entrance scholarship in the amount of $1,500 to select applicants in this degree program. View Sheridan Degree Entrance Scholarship details for eligibility criteria and more.
Sheridan Degree Entrance Scholarship
Sheridan is pleased to provide an entrance scholarship in the amount of $2,500 to select applicants in this degree program. View Sheridan Degree Entrance Scholarship details for eligibility criteria and more.
Ontario College Diploma
Full-time 2 years Program code: POFAE
|Jan 2021||Hazel McCallion Campus (Mississauga)||Available|
|Sep 2021||Hazel McCallion Campus (Mississauga)||Available|
|Jan 2022||Hazel McCallion Campus (Mississauga)||Available|
Explore your future campus with a 360° virtual tour
Get to know the places and spaces that are part of the Sheridan experience.
Get a feel for your future
Find your fit and choose with confidence. Choosing the right education is a big decision. At Sheridan we’re committed to providing you with the learning, support and services you need to achieve your goals and reach your full potential. Take a look around, and please connect with us if you have any questions!
Explore our campuses from the comfort of your home! Take a virtual tour through our classrooms, labs and student life spaces to get a feel for life on campus.
Join us for a webinar and get answers to those questions on your list.
This year, we're bringing our Open House to you! No need to leave your couch to explore our campuses and learn about all that Sheridan has to offer.
Have a question? Contact us.
We’re happy to help with any questions you may have. Give us a call at any of these numbers and select Option 4 after the prompt, or simply fill out the contact form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Contact Centre hours of operation:
Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m.–1 p.m.