CIBC Future Heroes Bursary
In recognition of the legacy of healthcare workers during the COVID-19 pandemic, CIBC is investing funds over two years in the education of tomorrow’s healthcare professionals. The CIBC Future Heroes Bursary Program will inspire and support the next generation in their ambition of having a career in healthcare. Scholarship Partners Canada, a division of Universities Canada, administers this scholarship program on behalf of CIBC.
CIBC Future Heroes Bursary: 2 available at $2,500 each.
The application period is from June 3 to July 15, 2020
- Must be accepted into full-time studies at Sheridan and entering first year of a first degree, be it a bachelor or diploma program of one of the following programs for the 2020/2021 academic year:
- Personal Support Worker
- Practical Nursing
- Honours Bachelor of Health Sciences: Kinesiology and Health Promotion
- Pre-Health Sciences Pathway & Gerontology
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Have a minimum cumulative average of 70% (or equivalent) over the last 3 terms of available marks. Non-academic courses such as career or personal development related courses will not be considered.
- Submit an online application by visiting https://portal.scholarshippartners.ca/welcome/CIBC_En/
- The application and supporting documentation must be submitted to Universities Canada no later than the application deadline of 1:00 PM EST, July 15, 2020.
- Documents will be reviewed by Scholarship Partners Canada staff to ensure all requirements have been met.
- Receipt of applications will be acknowledged by email following processing by Universities Canada.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all supporting documents have been received and accepted by visiting https://portal.scholarshippartners.ca/welcome/CIBC_En/ to review their scholarship application status.
The selection of scholarship recipients is made by a committee of Canadian university and college representatives chosen by Universities Canada. CIBC exercises no influence in the adjudication process. Once complete, the selection committee’s decision is irrevocable.
- Financial need;
- Academic excellence;
- Essay submission highlighting the student’s personal ambition in their chosen program and field.
Once available, applicants will receive confirmation by email of the results of the selection process directly from Scholarship Partners Canada on behalf of CIBC.