Teaching & Research Interests
Scholarship, Research & Creative Activities
Bamadev Paudel joined Sheridan College as a full-time Professor of Economics within the Pilon School of Business in 2019. He has nearly 15 years of teaching and research experience in colleges and universities across different countries including Nepal, South Korea, USA, and now in Canada. Moreover, Bamadev possesses macro-economic policy-making experience at the central bank of Nepal, Nepal Rastra Bank, by working for over ten years in different capacities. Bamadev started teaching at Sheridan College in the Fall of 2014 in a part-time role.
Bamadev holds a Bachelor of Economics from Tribhuvan University, Nepal and a Master in Economics from Western Illinois University, Illinois. He earned his PhD in Economics from Wayne State University, Michigan.
Bamadev’s area of interest is International Finance.
- Paudel, B. D. (2017). “Alleviating Poverty through Job Creation: Quantity Equation of Money may Come into Play”, Journal of Development Innovations”, 1(1), pp. 84-113.
- Poudyal, N.C., D. Paudel, and M. Tarrant (2013). “A Time Series Analysis of Effect of Recession on National Park Visitation in the United States”, Tourism Management, Vol. 35, pp. 181-189
- Poudyal, N.C., D. Paudel and G.T. Green (2013). “Impact of Visibility Impairment on National Park Visitation”, Tourism Economics, 19(2), pp. 433-452.
- Paudel, B. D. (2011). “Health: An Engine of Economic Growth”, China-USA Business Review, 10(12).
- Paudel, B. D. (2011). “New Open Economy Macroeconomics: Evidence from an Empirical Test on South Asian Economic Data”, NRB Economic Review, Nepal Rastra Bank, Nepal, 23(2).
- Paudel, B. D. (2011). “International Transmission of U.S. Real and Nominal Shocks”, International Journal of Economics and Finance, 3(3).
- Paudel, B. D. and J.A. Yunker (2007). “The Nutritional Kuznets Curve: Analysis and Evidence”, Economic Journal of Development Issues, Patan Multiple Campus, Tribhuvan University, Nepal, 8(1).
- Paudel, B. D. (2003). “Money and its Role of Income Stabilization: An Econometric Diagnosis”, Economic Review, Nepal Rastra Bank, Nepal, Number 3.
- Poudyal, N.C., D. Paudel, and M. Tarrant (2013). “A Time Series Analysis of Effect of Recession on National Park Visitation in the United States”, Annual Meeting of the Society of Outdoor Recreation Professionals, May 19-23, 2012, Traverse City, Michigan, U.S.A.
- Paudel, B. D. (2012). “Bringing Quantity Equation of Money into Test: A Potential Vehicle to Fight Global Poverty”, International Conference on Economics and Finance, April 20-22, Nepal Rastra Bank , Kathmandu, Nepal
- Paudel, B. D. (2010). “International Transmission of U.S. Real and Nominal Shocks”, Annual Meeting of Midwest Economics Association (MEA), March 19-21, 2010, Chicago, U.S.A.
- Paudel, B. D. (2009). “Global Deflation: An Observation through GMM Estimation”, Annual Meeting of Southern Economic Association (SEA), November 21-23, 2009, San Antonio, U.S.A.
- Paudel, B. D. and R.H. Neupane (2004). “Economic Forecasting Frameworks and Performances in SEACEN Member Economies”, Workshop organized by South East Asian Central Banks Research and Training Center (SEACEN), April 27-30, 2004, Seoul, South Korea
- Paudel, B. D. (2003). “Techniques of Inflation Projection”, Workshop organized by South East Asian Central Banks Research and Training Center (SEACEN), March 18-21, 2003, Seoul, South Korea