Teaching & Research Interests
Scholarship, Research & Creative Activities
Jessica is a professor of Criminology in the Department of Social and Life Sciences here at Sheridan College.
Professor Pulis has taught courses in the areas of introduction to criminology and the criminal justice system, youth justice and young offenders, corrections, and profiling crime.
- Pulis, J.E. 2007. “Understanding failure to comply convictions with young offenders: A snapshot of one Canadian courthouse”. FORUM on Corrections, 19 (1), 28-31.
- Pulis, J.E. and Sprott, J.B. 2005. “Probation Sentences and Proportionality under the Young Offenders Act and the Youth Criminal Justice Act”. Canadian Journal of Criminology and Criminal Justice, 47 (4), 709-723.
- The operation of both youth and adult justice systems
- Social and moral regulation
- Corrections and youth in conflict with the law
- Her research also focuses on marginalized populations, in particular young women and Aboriginal youth and their experiences within the justice system.