With more than 20 years of experience, Emmy nominated Visual Effects Supervisor Noel Hooper has left an impressive mark on over 80 film and television productions.
Noel has held posts at some of Canada’s top visual effects studios where he garnered two Gemini wins and another nomination. In 2004 he co-founded his own visual effects studio where he has worked since as a visual effects artist and supervisor.
Noel has now come full circle in his career and returned to his roots at Sheridan College. He is a graduate of the Technical Illustration (1993) and Computer Animation (1994) programs where he earned Sheridan’s Academic Award of Excellence. He now leads the Visual Effects program at Sheridan teaching advanced students the art and science of visual effects.
His hands-on dedication to the art of film is evident in his creativity, leadership and attention to detail. He has a passion for organic and photorealistic visual effects that blend seamlessly into any story.
- Visual Effects Society
- Sheridan College – Technical Illustration 1990 - 2003
- Sheridan College – Computer Animation 2004 – Academic Award of Excellence
- 1997 Gemini Award
- 2000 Gemini Award Nomination
- 2001 Gemini Award
- 2001 Emmy Nomination
- Production and Post Production
- Cinematography and Rendering
- Advanced Cinematography and Rendering
- ATVF-VFX Compositing
- ATVF-VFX Advanced Compositing
- VFX Capstone Project