COVID-19 Quarantine Info
Quarantine Requirements & Resources
During these unprecedented times, it is vital to ensure you are informed about how to travel and stay safe. The following resources will help you find a place to stay and provide you with all the information required to properly quarantine as mandated by the Government of Canada.
Review the entering Canada during Covid-19 guide and the how to self-quarantine handout as a guide on how to follow the quarantine protocol as soon as you arrive at the airport.
Check out the Navigating Canada During COVID-19 resource from ApplyBoard for some great information and resources on quarantining when you arrive. This resource contains links, including translated resources as well as Health Canada guidelines.
Mandatory Arrival and Quarantine Requirements
As of February 21, 2021 all travellers to Canada by air will be required to reserve a government-authorized hotel for 3 nights. This reservation must be made before you leave your home country. You will also be required to take a COVID-19 molecular test at the airport when you arrive in Canada. You must quarantine at the government-authorized hotel while awaiting the results of the COVID-19 molecular test taken on arrival, pay for the cost of the hotel stay, as well as all associated costs and you must make and pay for reservations before you arrive in Canada. Please review the booking instructions and list of government-authorized hotels for more details. If the result of the COVID-19 test you took at the airport is negative, you will be allowed to leave the government-authorized hotel and complete the remainder of your 14-day quarantine at your planned location.
For those students who need assistance in finding a place to safely quarantine after you Mandatory 3-day hotel stopover, Sheridan has partnered with the hotels listed below to offer special discounted rates for Sheridan students.
*Disclaimer*: if you are a hotel looking to post a discounted rate below, please note that we have currently confirmed our Winter 2021 hotel options for students and will not be posting new offers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for future consideration for the spring/summer term if hotels options are still needed.
Mississauga Hotel Options
Location: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mississauga Toronto Southwest
Address: 2125 North Sheridan Way, Mississauga, ON L5K 1A3
Special rate: $79.00 Room Rate per night (includes complimentary breakfast)
Booking instructions: Call-in: 905-855-2000 referencing Sheridan College
Our hotel provides a complimentary continental breakfast for the students and it will be deliver directly to the room each morning. There are also many local restaurants in the area that will deliver or the students can order through food delivery apps such as UberEats and Skip the Dishes.
Our hotel is a newly renovated property with complimentary breakfast and WIFI for each stay. Each room also features a refreshment station with mini fridge, microwave and Keurig coffee maker. Our hotel is also in the process of partnering up with the City if Mississauga to create a small welcome package for the students.
Location: Days Inn by Wyndham Toronto West Mississauga
Address: 4635 Tomken Road, Mississauga Ontario L4W 1J9
Special Rate: $79.00/night/plus taxes, includes Grab N Go Breakfast (14 Days or less)
Booking Instructions: Please contact the hotel directly for bookings and quote Sheridan College - Quarantine Rate - 905-238-5480
$89.00 plus taxes for room plus one meal delivered to the room.
$99.00 plus taxes for room plus three meals delivered to the room three separate times from the menu. Laundry is included after the first week stay if no symptoms are present. Each room will receieve two complimentary bottles of water.
Plenty of restaurants with walking distance (Pizza Nova, Tim Hortons, Sushi)
Oakville Hotel Options
Location: Holiday Inn Oakville
Address: 590 Argus Road, Oakville ON L6J 5V2
Special rate: $89 single/double occupancy
Booking Instructions: Guest can book online under the Sheridan corporate id: 100263216 or the booking link for Sheridan College
Options for food service (provided by the hotel + cost) and or other delivery options in the area.
Hotel will offer a food package: $50.00 per person/day to include Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner 13% HST is additional
- Meals will be delivered to the room by hotel staff, leaving it outside of the room at a predetermined time.
- In the guest rooms there is a small fridge, Keurig coffee machine and a arrangements to place a microwave in the room can be made.
Brampton Hotel Options
Location: Fairfield & Residence Inn
Address: 35/55 Courtneypark Drive W., Mississauga, ON L5W 0E3
Special rate: $65/day plus taxes (complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi included in the rate)
- Microwave and mini fridge in every room
- Options for food service (provided by the hotel + cost) and or other delivery options in the area
- Complimentary breakfast included in the rate
- 18+ restaurants across the street
- 3rd party food delivery services (Skip the Dishes, Uber Eats etc.)
- COVID protocols for cleaning, food delivery and quarantining
- Breakfast will be delivered to the room
- Any additional amenities/toiletries will be delivered to the room
Location: Days Inn by Wyndham Brampton
Address: 260 Queen Street East, Brampton Ontario L6V 1B9
Special Rate: $65/night/plus taxes, includes Grab N Go breakfast (14 days or less)
Booking Instructions: Please contact the hotel directly for booking and quote the Sheridan College Quarantine Rate - 905-457-8880
Airport Hotel Options
Please contact hotel locations for direct shuttle information from airport terminal
Location: Holiday Inn Airport East
Address: 600 Dixon Road, Toronto, ON, M9W 1J1
- $65.00 per room per night plus taxes on single occupancy.
- Double occupancy at $75.00 per room per night plus taxes.
- Single room plus 3 meals will $110 per room per night.
Booking Instructions: Guest can book online through the booking link for Sheridan College
Students who book room only package can also opt to purchase meal period vouchers per their choice and the meals are priced and charged as follows – breakfast at $10.00, lunch at $15.00 & dinner at $20.00 per person respectively per meal or and will be in take-out form from the on-site Perkins Family Restaurant (in take-out option only). Taxes are 13% HST and gratuity is 15%.
Location: Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport
Address: 6257 Airport Rd, Mississauga, ON L4V 1E4
Special rate: CAD $100 per night plus applicable taxes, daily rate
@ CAD $79 per night plus applicable taxes, 12+ night stay
Booking instructions: Call 905-678-1400 or toll-free 1 800-565-5769 | or email: email@example.com
1. Hotel Meal Plan – 3 meals per day, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner @ CAD $40 per day per person, plus applicable tax. Service charge waived. Must be selected prior to arrival to the hotel.
2. UberEats, Skip The Dishes, Door Dash online food delivery options. Delivery is announced at the front desk for hotel to notify guest a food delivery has arrived.
3. Local restaurants in close proximity to the hotel with option of delivery, list will be provided upon arrival.
- Indoor Pool and Jacuzzi, can be access by appointment only for a 45-minute use.
- Fitness centre, 24-hours available for hotel guests. Maximum 2 guests with proper social distancing at all times. Disinfecting wipes are available for guests use.
- Moments Restaurant, available daily for limited hours – 6pm to 10pm. Dinner and Bar services available. Limited seating and take-away options are available for guest pick-up.
- 24 Hour Pantry located next to the front desk for snacks, beverages, toiletries, masks, frozen meals. Items can be billed to the guest’s room or at the time of purchase.
Location: Homewood Suites & Hampton Inn
Address: 5515 Eglinton Avenue West, Toronto, Ontario, M9C 5K5
- 14-day Quarantine Rate CAD $75/night + tax (breakfast included in rate)
- Valid on Standard Guest Room with 1 King Bed or 2 Queen Beds (mini-refrigerator in all rooms, microwave in all rooms with 2 Queen Beds)
- 14-day Quarantine Rate: CAD $95/night + tax (breakfast included in rate)
- Valid on Studio or 1 Bedroom Suite with 1 King Bed + Sofa Sleeper, FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN and designated living area
Booking Process (for both): Contact the hotel directly at 416-646-4600 EXT 3 and request the International Student Rate or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Options for food service (provided by the hotel + cost) and or other delivery options in the area
Students can add on a Boxed Lunch and Dinner Meal Plan for an additional $20/per day + taxes
- Breakfast included in rates noted above.
- (Hotel requires 72 hours’ notice to prepare this meal plan. Please advise upon booking).
- All rooms at Homewood Suites have a fully equipped kitchen (full-sized refrigerator with freezer and ice maker, twin-burner stove, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, coffeemaker, silverware, plates, pots and pans. Dining table with seating for two.)
- Local restaurant delivery to hotel, and meal delivery apps/services (UberEats, DoorDash, SkiptheDishes).
- Housekeeping Supplies: Toiletries, linen, etc. will be provided through contactless delivery to guest room door upon request.
- Transportation: Complimentary airport shuttle service available between 7:00am-11:00pm
- Complimentary WiFi
Food Options While Under Quarantine
Arranging food during your quarantine period is an important step. The ApplyBoard resource has delivery options for food and groceries.
Get Your Groceries Delivered
- Instacart Grocery Delivery app and website
- Around the Davis Campus in Brampton
- Around the HMC Campus in Mississauga
- Around the Trafalgar Campus in Oakville
- Grocery stores that deliver to your home
Get Restaurant Meals and Meal Kits Delivered
- Meal delivery apps/services: UberEats, DoorDash, SkiptheDishes
- Meal kit delivery: they provide the ingredients and the recipes, you do the cooking.
- Meal kit delivery services: Hello Fresh, Good Food, Chef’s Plate
Delivery to Brampton, Mississauga or Oakville for a monthly fee from $150 – $200.