About the Centre for Indigenous Learning and Support
The Centre for Indigenous Learning and Support is an inclusive space for you to make friends and access support. It is part of Sheridan's commitment to support the academic and personal success of all Indigenous students: Status, Non-Status, Metis, and Inuit.
- Is grounded in the teachings of acceptance, inclusion, compassion, good-mindedness, and the seventh generation principle.
- Celebrates and recognizes the cultures of Indigenous peoples through teachings, cultural events and student engagement.
- Supports all faculty, staff, and students in learning more about Indigenous cultures of Canada.
- Encourages all students to maintain their cultural identity within Sheridan.
- Strives to create a safe and supportive environment for our students and families as we recognize the importance of our identity as Indigenous people within the framework of Sheridan.