Sheridan Student Wins Top Award at Ottawa International Animation Festival
Khoebe Magsaysay won the Via Rail Award for Best Canadian Student Film at the Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF) held this past weekend. Magsaysay won the award for “Nihil”, a film she created during her fourth year of study in Sheridan’s Honours Bachelor of Animation program.
“OIAF is one of the most prestigious international animation film festivals in the world,” said Angela Stukator, Associate Dean of Animation and Game Design. “We had eight student films in the competition this year, and it’s exciting to see one of them take the top prize.”
The OIAF is in its fortieth year, and is a five-day event providing screenings, exhibits, workshops and entertainment. It offers a number of juried awards recognizing the best in professional and student animation work.
Pictured top right: Still from Khoebe Magsaysay's short film Nihil.
- Sheridan welcomes Mark Jones as new Dean of the Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design
- Sheridan named Canada’s top animation school for fifth consecutive year
- Sheridan partners with Halton and Peel Regions to strengthen child care workforce with new micro-credential
- Sheridan offers youth summer camps
- Muthana Zouri joins Sheridan as Dean of the Pilon School of Business