Hazel McCallion to be installed as Sheridan's Inaugural Chancellor on June 6
Hazel McCallion, former Mayor of Mississauga, is taking on a new challenge at the age of 95. She will be formally installed as Sheridan’s inaugural Chancellor in a special ceremony taking place ahead of the college’s Convocation ceremonies early next week.
As Chancellor, Ms. McCallion will serve as ceremonial leader of the institution, and will preside over Sheridan’s annual Convocation ceremonies. The Chancellor is a voluntary, unpaid role, with a term of three years.
Date: Monday, June 6
Time: 11:00 am – 11:45 am
Location: Hammerson Hall, Living Arts Centre, 4141 Living Arts Dr., Mississauga, ON L5B 4B8
The Chancellor and Sheridan’s President and Vice Chancellor, Dr. Jeff Zabudsky, will be available for interviews immediately following the ceremony.
- Sheridan to offer Canada’s first osteopathy degree in the postsecondary system
- Sheridan tops Forbes Canada's Best Employers list
- Sheridan ranks #1 in research partnerships and industry research income in annual college rankings
- How animation alumna Tale Linh Do brings her visions to life
- Sheridan alumni nominated for more than 60 Canadian Screen Awards