Broadcast Journalism Student Wins National Award
Krystal des Vignes, a student in Sheridan’s Journalism – Broadcast program, has won a national award from the Broadcast Educators Association of Canada (BEAC). Krystal received the award for a short news story she produced for Eye on Sheridan, an on-line news show produced by students in the Journalism – Broadcast program.
Entitled “A Taste of Spring”, Krystal’s story features preparations underway at the Oakville Municipal Greenhouse as staff and volunteers get ready for spring planting in public spaces. View the story here: https://youtu.be/Y_I79UAmZyQ
The BEAC National Student Awards were created to honour outstanding work produced by students and recent graduates. BEAC’s awards program recognizes the unique combination of creativity and technical excellence demonstrated by students in radio, television/video, and new media/animation. Entries to the awards program must be submitted by a professor in the member institution’s program. The awards ceremony will take place on May 27 in Halifax.
- Sheridan welcomes Mark Jones as new Dean of the Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design
- Sheridan named Canada’s top animation school for fifth consecutive year
- Sheridan partners with Halton and Peel Regions to strengthen child care workforce with new micro-credential
- Sheridan offers youth summer camps
- Sheridan to celebrate more than 6,200 graduates during 2023 Spring Convocation