Graduate Shows Shine a Light on Student Creativity
As the end of the school year fast approaches for Sheridan students, a number of the graduating classes are showcasing their best work with public exhibitions at locations in Oakville, Brampton, Mississauga and Toronto. Below are some of the highlights of this year’s shows.
Art & Art History, April 1 – 12
- This joint program with the University of Toronto at Mississauga blends academic study with studio practice. Student work covers a range of disciplines, including drawing, painting, sculpture, print media, design and photography. Location: Blackwood Gallery, University of Toronto at Mississauga.
Ceramics, April 2 – 16
- Ceramics is a specialized program within the Bachelor of Craft and Design program. This year’s show is taking place at the Gardiner Museum in Toronto.
Furniture, April 10 – 17
- Also part of the Bachelor of Craft and Design, this show features meticulously crafted, unique furniture designs by the graduating class. Location: The Gallery, Sheridan College, 1430 Trafalgar Road, Oakville.
Bachelor of Illustration, April 17, 2:00 - 9:00 pm
- “Colour War” is the title of this year’s show from the graduating class of the Illustration program. Location: 99 Sudbury, Toronto.
Architectural Technology, April 23, 3:00 – 6:00 pm
- Graduating students from the Architectural Technology program showcase their final projects, including 3D CAD modelling and designs, rendering, animations and websites. Location: Rooms B111a and B111b, Davis Campus, McLaughlin Road and Steeles, Brampton
Bachelor of Photography, May 1
- Graduates of the four-year degree program display their finest work. Location: Arta Gallery, Distillery District, Toronto.
- Update on Sheridan planning for fall 2021 semester
- Sheridan celebrates second season of Netflix series “Blown Away”
- Playing with fire: Gearing up for a second season of Blown Away
- Sheridan launches Panel of Inquiry into Music Theatre program
- Sheridan to announce Fall 2021 program delivery modes by June 4