Sheridan rolls out the red carpet to honour alumni at the Oscars
Sheridan is rolling out the red carpet to honour alumni at the Oscars. Three of the five films nominated for Best Animated Feature were directed by animators who studied at Sheridan. Among the films nominated is How to Train Your Dragon 2, written and directed by Dean DeBlois; The Boxtrolls, directed by Graham Annable; and Big Hero 6, directed by Chris Williams.
Sheridan will host an Oscar night party on Sunday, February 22 at the Trafalgar Road Campus in Oakville. Students, alumni, faculty and staff are invited to watch the Oscar telecast at The Marquee Pub and cheer on Sheridan’s three nominees. The free event will begin with red carpet coverage at 7:00pm and will feature prizes, games and other activities.
The Oscar party is part of Sheridan’s month-long celebrations on campus, including screenings of each nominated film, student art activities based on the films and various hallway festivities. Alumni, students and staff are sharing all the awards season excitement through #SheridanOscars.
- Sheridan welcomes Mark Jones as new Dean of the Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design
- Sheridan named Canada’s top animation school for fifth consecutive year
- Sheridan partners with Halton and Peel Regions to strengthen child care workforce with new micro-credential
- Sheridan offers youth summer camps
- Sheridan to celebrate more than 6,200 graduates during 2023 Spring Convocation
Stories you may like
Supporting older adults with innovative immersive technologies
In collaboration with long-standing community partners, the Sheridan Centre for Elder Research (CER) explores innovative uses of immersive virtual reality (VR) technology in recreation programming for older adults.
The nature of things at Sheridan
Herbert Sinnock ensures growth stays in step with environment on campuses