Sheridan to hold ceremony marking National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
One day in advance of the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women, Sheridan will hold a ceremony for students and staff on Friday, December 5 to mark this day and to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the murder of 14 women at L’Ecole Polytechnique in Montreal on December 6, 1989.
When: Friday, December 5, 2014, 11:00 am
Where: SCAET Lobby, Trafalgar Road Campus
Sheridan’s President and CEO, Dr. Jeff Zabudsky, will offer remarks on remembrance and taking action to end violence against women. He will also speak about what Sheridan has done and is doing to foster a climate of respect and inclusiveness on its campuses. Two students will perform readings on violence and silence, and on supporting victims. Attendees will also participate in a Rose Ceremony to honour the 14 women killed at L’Ecole Polytechnique.
- Sheridan welcomes Mark Jones as new Dean of the Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design
- Sheridan named Canada’s top animation school for fifth consecutive year
- Sheridan partners with Halton and Peel Regions to strengthen child care workforce with new micro-credential
- Sheridan offers youth summer camps
- Muthana Zouri joins Sheridan as Dean of the Pilon School of Business