CIMETRIX Solutions Inc. Donation Keeps Sheridan at the Leading Edge of Additive Manufacturing
CIMETRIX Solutions Inc. and Sheridan College have signed an agreement which has seen the college receive a $300,000 in-kind gift in the form of a fully-equipped CIMETRIX Additive Manufacturing Centre, including FDM (fused deposition modelling) and Polyjet 3D printing technologies installed in Sheridan’s Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Design Technologies (CAMDT). This donation will greatly expand and enhance CAMDT’s existing 3D Printing capabilities within its Product Innovation Centre.
“3D technology is changing at a rapid pace. Our partnership with CIMETRIX ensures that Sheridan will remain at the leading edge of additive manufacturing, and that our students will be well-prepared through hands-on, real world experiences to add value to industry immediately upon graduation,” says Dr. Farzad Rayegani, Director of CAMDT and Associate Dean of the School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
Through its ongoing collaboration with CIMETRIX, CAMDT is enhancing capability in its Product Innovation Centre:
- Continued expansion of FDM material capability, allowing for further advanced applications in the area of manufacturing tools and end part production.
- Enhanced product development opportunities with the addition of a Stratasys Polyjet 3D printing technology which provides ultimate product realism through multi-material capability.
- An ongoing network of expertise in the areas of additive manufacturing and product development through the continued engagement of Cimetrix with faculty, students and industry.
The contribution by CIMETRIX is the latest development in the company’s ongoing partnership with Sheridan, says James Janeteas, President of CIMETRIX Solutions Inc. “We’re committed to ongoing collaboration, bridging the gap between industry’s current knowledge, and the competitive advantages of additive manufacturing, and believe that CAMDT, under the visionary leadership of Dr. Rayegani, is a valuable partner in creating that bridge.”
CIMETRIX actively participates in training faculty and students on the technologies, and continues to play a vital role in consulting with industry clients on the potential benefits of using additive manufacturing in their product development and manufacturing processes. “There is no other institution in Canada that is providing this immersive, hands-on experience to students in working with these technologies,” says Janeteas. “They are helping to prepare the next generation of talent who will help transform the future of manufacturing in this country.”
Cimetrix Solutions is a leading provider of Additive Manufacturing Solutions (3D Printing), serving the design and manufacturing communities across Canada. Founded in 1993, Cimetrix supports both commercial and educational verticals with comprehensive solutions consisting of technology, software, design, implementation and training services. These solutions are focused on supporting product development, manufacturing, education and research initiatives enabling clients to compete in local and global markets.
- Technical Production staff, students ensuring that the shows can go on
- Sheridan and the Afro-Caribbean Business Network partner on research to support Black entrepreneurs
- Beauty by design
- Winning wearable design showcases grad's artistic range
- Sheridan receives more than $4.5M in provincial funding for integral campus facilities and equipment projects