Sheridan soccer teams in Ontario quarter-finals
Men's and women's teams vying to advance in OCAA championship play
For Immediate Release: October 18, 2013
The Sheridan Bruins men's and women's soccer teams will both hit the road this weekend and put their seasons on the line in the OCAA quarter-finals.
The women's team will play Saturday, October 19 travelling to play Algonquin College in Ottawa, while the men's team won't have quite as far to travel when they play Sunday, October 20, making the short trip down the 401 to Centennial College in Scarborough.
The Lady Bruins find themselves in the quarter-final after posting a 5-2-1 record during the regular season, good enough for third in the OCAA West Division. They defeated Lambton 3-1 on October 12 in the opening round of the post-season to earn their quarter-final berth.
On the men's side, Sheridan was tied for the best record in the OCAA West Division (6-1-1) with Humber College and Fanshawe College, but ended up third in the final standings after losing a three-way tie-break. They secured their spot in the round of eight, after defeating Redeemer University College 2-1 on home turf last Saturday in the playoff qualifier.
Quarter-final winners will advance to the OCAA Championship tournaments on October 25 and 26, with Sheridan hosting the women's championship, while Algonquin will crown a men's champion.
- Sheridan and CCTT partnering to fill Ontario’s skilled trades gap
- Preparing for liftoff: The ideology behind Sheridan’s revolutionary osteopathy degree
- Sheridan partners with Halton and Peel Regions to strengthen child care workforce with new micro-credential
- Sheridan welcomes Mark Jones as new Dean of the Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design
- Sheridan named Canada’s top animation school for fifth consecutive year