Sheridan seeks contemporary art installation
Selected artist will be awarded $5,000.For Immediate Release: March 26, 2013
As part of its ongoing effort to make creativity a tangible and defining notion of the College, Sheridan invites proposals for its annual “Temporary Contemporary” large-scale, art installation. The winning artist will receive $5,000 and will have his/her work installed at Sheridan’s Trafalgar Campus for the 2013-2014 academic year.Temporary Contemporary was created with four objectives in mind:
- to bring innovative and original artwork by high profile artists into the Sheridan community
- to enrich the experience of the Sheridan community with stimulating and challenging artwork
- to integrate artwork into the curriculum through an artist’s talk, workshops and projects related to the installed work
- to link the Sheridan community to the broader cultural and artistic milieu.
- a description of the proposed artwork/installation, and a sketch (if one already exists)
- dimensions of the proposed work and details about its construction
- a photograph or plan of the location proposed
- an explanation of how this installation would enhance the learning experience at Sheridan and how it could be integrated into curricula.
For details on the RFP, please click here.
For more information, please contact:
Faculty of Animation, Arts and Design
Tel: 905-845-9430 ext. 2115
- Update on Sheridan planning for fall 2021 semester
- Sheridan celebrates second season of Netflix series “Blown Away”
- Playing with fire: Gearing up for a second season of Blown Away
- Sheridan launches Panel of Inquiry into Music Theatre program
- Sheridan to announce Fall 2021 program delivery modes by June 4