Virox Future Forum Showcases Future Trends
Showcasing the Trends that Affect Students’ Entrepreneurship, Innovation and CreativityFor Immediate Release: February 13, 2013
Over 100 student entrepreneurs from Sheridan’s Faculty of Business have been invited to attend the 2013 Virox Future Forum – a day-long event that shares insights and expertise from leading entrepreneurs, demographers, and strategists to help students appreciate the trends that impact the future and learn what it takes to be successful. Now in its 5th year, the event is the brainchild of Sheridan alumnus Randy Pilon, CEO of Virox Technologies Inc., whose financial support makes the event possible each year.
What: 2013 Virox Future Forum
Where: Sheridan College, Hazel McCallion Campus, 4180 Duke of York Boulevard, Mississauga, Rm A145
When: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 10am – 4:30 pm.
Who: 100 Faculty of Business students with a demonstrated spirit of entrepreneurshipSpeakers & Panelists:
- Dr. David Foot: Author, professor, and expert on the relationship between economics and demography (10:30am and 1:30 pm)
- Sean Wise: Author, professor of entrepreneurship, host and advisor for CBC’s Dragons’ Den, columnist for the Globe and Mail (12:30 pm and 1:30 pm)
- Dr. Ginger Grant: Author, Sheridan professor of marketing and innovation, strategist in using corporate culture to drive organizational performance (1:30 pm)
- Susanne Mikler: Co-founder and Owner, Liaison College (1:30 pm)
- Randy Pilon: Founder, President and CEO, Virox Technologies Inc. (1:30pm)
Media are welcome. While recording, videotaping and photography during the lectures by David Foot and Sean Wise are prohibited, the speakers, panelists and students will be available to speak with media.
Sheridan College is one of Canada’s leading postsecondary institutions, offering over 100 diploma, certificate, and bachelor degree programs in an environment that fosters innovation and creativity. Approximately 5,000 students are enrolled in the Faculty of Business across Sheridan’s three campuses. Students in the Bachelor of Applied Business (Global Business Management) degree develop a creative learning portfolio to help them foster self-awareness, analytical thinking, reflective practice, and an open mindset. The “Adventure Learning” course teaches intensive leadership theory and puts students into cross-functional teams to tackle real-life business challenges. The Faculty’s ENACTUS club connects students and academics with opportunities to use entrepreneurial action to solve social challenges. Graduates of the Faculty leave Sheridan well positioned for career success in marketing, advertising, accounting, finance, travel and tourism, project management, human resources, and international business.
For more information, please contact:
Christine Szustaczek, Director of Corporate Communications & External Relations
- Sheridan to offer Canada’s first osteopathy degree in the postsecondary system
- Sheridan tops Forbes Canada's Best Employers list
- Sheridan ranks #1 in research partnerships and industry research income in annual college rankings
- How animation alumna Tale Linh Do brings her visions to life
- Sheridan alumni nominated for more than 60 Canadian Screen Awards