Police investigate incident at Trafalgar Road Campus
Sheridan issued the following statement regarding an incident at the Trafalgar Road CampusFor Immediate Release: January 9, 2013
On Monday, January 7, 2013, a letter containing traces of a powdered substance was received and opened at the Trafalgar Campus.
Halton Region Police were contacted and came on site to investigate. The envelope was removed by police for testing. Their results indicated that there was no cause for concern to the health of anyone who may have come in contact with the envelope or its contents.
Police indicated that a threatening note, directed to a specific Sheridan administrator, was also enclosed in the envelope. Complete details of the note have not been released; however, police did confirm that a hate-motivated slur was used.
The matter is part of an ongoing police investigation. As such, no additional details are available at this time.
Sheridan values the safety and security of its students, staff and faculty above all else. We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for everyone on campus. Members of the Security team continue to work closely with police and provide support to those involved.
- Technical Production staff, students ensuring that the shows can go on
- The power of story and the ampersand: Creative Writing & Publishing students share their inspirations and successes
- HR grads share tips for nailing your virtual job hunt
- Brant | Halton | Peel Partnership Allocates $715,550 Through the Federal Investment Readiness Program
- Showing Sheridan spirit: Business students earn national Enactus award