Sheridan grad Scott Stratten presents The Business of Awesome
Canadian marketing and social media guru Scott Stratten will be speaking to a sold-out crowd at Sheridan
For Immediate Release: November 15, 2012
Canadian marketing and social media guru Scott Stratten will be speaking to a sold-out crowd at Sheridan College on Wednesday, November 21 at 7 pm in the SCAET Auditorium. Author of the bestseller, UnMarketing: Stop Marketing, Start Engaging, Stratten recently published his second book, The Business of Awesome (and Unawesome). Stratten will share his insights on what makes a company awesome, as well as some of the traps and pitfalls to avoid.
With over 124,000 followers, Stratten is one of the top influencers in the world on Twitter and a pro at making client videos “go viral”. He has appeared in the Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, USA Today,
Entrepreneur Magazine, Inc.com and Fast Company. He was recently named one of “America’s 10 Marketing Gurus” by Business Review USA.
Stratten graduated from Sheridan’s Human Resources program in 1998 and was inducted into Sheridan’s Business Hall of Fame in 2012. Sheridan has nominated him for a 2012 Premier’s Award, with the winners to be announced in Toronto on November 26.
For a sample of Scott's wit and wisdom, click here.
- Playing with fire: Gearing up for a second season of Blown Away
- Sheridan celebrates second season of Netflix series “Blown Away”
- Sheridan soars to 14th spot on Forbes’ Canada's Best Employers list
- Partnership with McMaster University opens degree pathways to Sheridan General Arts and Science graduates
- Breaking down barriers: How an inclusive environment created new opportunities