Sheridan Business students win gold at OCMC 2012
Sheridan finishes on top in annual marketing competition
For Immediate Release: November 20, 2012
Sheridan Faculty of Business students were once again victorious, taking home the Gold Award for their first place overall finish in the Ontario Colleges Marketing Competition 2012.
In the eleven events that comprise the annual OCMC, Sheridan business students took first place in The Quiz Bowl, Entrepreneurship and International Marketing, second place in the Job Interview, third place in Sales Presentation and Direct Marketing, a fourth place in Marketing Research and Integrated Marketing Communications, and a fifth place in The Marketing Case Study.
Students compete in individual and partner events tackling challenging case study material and presenting it to industry-savvy judges. The OCMC competition is structured so that students compete in one public event – The Quiz Bowl, where they answer short marketing questions in a quick-fire format and The Case Events, where students are given case material to prepare for presentation and judging.
Nineteen Faculty of Business students participated in the annual marketing competition with almost as many faculty members helping to coach them to victory. This year’s OCMC, hosted by Centennial College in Toronto, saw 13 Ontario colleges sponsor their top business students in this highly competitive and intense annual event.
- Sheridan to offer Canada’s first osteopathy degree in the postsecondary system
- Sheridan tops Forbes Canada's Best Employers list
- Sheridan ranks #1 in research partnerships and industry research income in annual college rankings
- How animation alumna Tale Linh Do brings her visions to life
- Sheridan alumni nominated for more than 60 Canadian Screen Awards