Hydro One Brampton Networks Inc and Sheridan Announce an Energy Audit Partnership
Hydro One Brampton Networks Inc. and Sheridan College are jointly announcing a new Energy Audit PartnershipFor Immediate Release: January 31, 2012
Hydro One Brampton Networks Inc. and Sheridan College are jointly announcing a new Energy Audit Partnership, derived from the Ontario Power Authority’s Audit Funding Incentive Program, that will benefit all businesses.
Date & Time: Thursday, February 2, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Location: Magna – Decoma International – Plastcoat, 26 Kenview Avenue, Brampton
- Scott Miller, Director Regulatory Affairs and Communication, Hydro One Brampton Networks Inc.
- Jocelyn Piercy, Dean , Sheridan Faculty of Applied Science & Technology
- Marek Poplawski, General Manager, Magna Exteriors & Interiors – Plastcoat
The Energy Audit Partnership offers a team of Sheridan students and faculty, including certified energy professionals, to perform a full energy assessment of a client’s facility and produce a detailed report outlining areas of opportunity for the client to reduce their energy usage. A significant portion of the assessment cost is covered through the Ontario Power Authority’s saveONenergy Audit Funding Incentive Program, administered locally by Hydro One Brampton Networks Inc.
In addition to providing local businesses with a practical and affordable way to reduce their energy use and costs, the partnership creates real-world training for the next generation of energy management professionals.
The location of the program launch and partnership announcement was chosen following the completion of Sheridan College’s first energy audit at Magna’s manufacturing facility in Brampton, Ontario. Magna – Decoma International – Plastcoat, a division of Magna Exteriors and Interiors, operates a 200,000-square-foot manufacturing plant that employs 300+ people and supplies global automakers with injection-molded parts such as rocker panel assemblies and interior door panels. Magna is committed to environmental stewardship, health and safety of its employees, and reducing its carbon footprint through energy efficiencies.
For more information:
Ralph Williams, Energy Services Supervisor, Hydro One Brampton Networks Inc. – (905) 452-5516
Herbert Sinnock, Green Associate Manager, Applied Research & Sustainable Practice, Sheridan Institute of Applied Science and Technology – (905) 459-7533 x5063
- Technical Production staff, students ensuring that the shows can go on
- Sheridan and the Afro-Caribbean Business Network partner on research to support Black entrepreneurs
- Beauty by design
- Winning wearable design showcases grad's artistic range
- Sheridan receives more than $4.5M in provincial funding for integral campus facilities and equipment projects