Two Sheridan students among winners of global design competition
Two students from Sheridan’s Bachelor of Design (a joint program with York University) are among the winners of the 10th annual Adobe Design Achievement AwardsFor Immediate Release: November 9, 2010
Two students from Sheridan’s Bachelor of Design (a joint program with York University) are among the winners of the 10th annual Adobe Design Achievement Awards, presented recently in Los Angeles. Edeline Bernal won in the Motion Graphics category, while Linna Xu won in the Packaging category.
The Adobe Design Achievement Awards honour the most talented and promising student graphic designers, illustrators, photographers, animators, digital filmmakers and computer artists from the world’s top higher-education institutions. Winners are recognized in 12 categories.
In addition to two category winners, Sheridan’s Bachelor of Design program was also represented among the finalists. Matt Wiechec was a finalist in the Installation Design category, while a team of students was a group finalist in the Animation Category. All winners received a $3,000 cash prize and Adobe software. Winners and finalists can be viewed on the awards website: www.adaagallery.com.
The York/Sheridan Bachelor of Design has earned national recognition for design education excellence since its launch in 1999. The program features a rigorous design course sequence that emphasizes innovation, creativity and strategic thinking, combined with the practical skills to turn ideas into art. Graduates find work in a range of industries, from branding to web design to packaging and merchandising.
- Technical Production staff, students ensuring that the shows can go on
- The power of story and the ampersand: Creative Writing & Publishing students share their inspirations and successes
- HR grads share tips for nailing your virtual job hunt
- Brant | Halton | Peel Partnership Allocates $715,550 Through the Federal Investment Readiness Program
- Showing Sheridan spirit: Business students earn national Enactus award