Update on Faculty Vote and College Operations
On February 3, 2010, the Ontario Labour Relations Board announced that ...For Immediate Release: February 5, 2010
On February 3, 2010, the Ontario Labour Relations Board announced that college faculty who are members of OPSEU will have the opportunity to vote on the colleges’ final offer on Wednesday, February 10, 2010. All Sheridan faculty who are members of the OPSEU faculty union will be given an opportunity to vote. Polls will be located at all three campuses. Sheridan faculty will be receiving more information about the offer and the polls in the next few days.
It is expected that the provincial results of the vote will be available late in the evening on February 10th.
If the results of the provincial vote are to reject the colleges’ final offer, it is important that all members of the Sheridan community know what our intentions are in the event that OPSEU commences strike action.
Pending Board of Governors approval, Sheridan will suspend all programming and all classes, with the exception of evening and weekend classes conducted by Continuing Education. Sheridan will not have work available for OPSEU faculty bargaining unit members in the event of a strike.
Sheridan will remain open:
Students will be able to come to the campuses to access the Learning Commons, Labs, Libraries and other related student facilities.
- The Daycare Centres will remain open and will continue their programs.
- The Alzheimer’s Day Program will remain open and continue their operations.
- All Business Departments and Academic Offices will continue operations.
- Students who are currently on work placements will continue these placements according to the established schedules.
- All staff and faculty who are not members of the faculty bargaining unit will be expected to report to work as usual.
OPSEU has announced that it will delay the strike deadline until February 17, 2010. As of the morning of February 4th, OPSEU had not officially notified the colleges of a strike date.
Further updates will be provided as more information becomes available.
- Sheridan to offer Canada’s first osteopathy degree in the postsecondary system
- Sheridan tops Forbes Canada's Best Employers list
- Sheridan ranks #1 in research partnerships and industry research income in annual college rankings
- How animation alumna Tale Linh Do brings her visions to life
- Sheridan alumni nominated for more than 60 Canadian Screen Awards