Faculty Collective Bargaining Update
Faculty bargaining unit members at Ontario’s 24 colleges gave their union a strike mandate ...For Immediate Release: February 3, 2010
Faculty bargaining unit members at Ontario’s 24 colleges gave their union a strike mandate in a vote taken on January 13. Since that time, the parties resumed negotiations, with the colleges tabling their final offer on January 27. The colleges have asked the Ontario Labour Relations Board to prepare for a final offer vote at all 24 Ontario colleges.
Should the faculty vote to accept the colleges' final offer, a new collective agreement will be implemented and there will be no disruption to the winter semester. If the vote result opposes acceptance of the colleges' offer, the union has announced a strike for as early as February 11, 2010. (see www.opseu.org).
In the event of a strike, please be assured that we are committed to doing everything possible to ensure completion of the academic term. Further updates will be communicated, as they become available, on this site and through global emails.
If you have any specific questions related to this matter, please direct them to email@example.com.
- Playing with fire: Gearing up for a second season of Blown Away
- Sheridan celebrates second season of Netflix series “Blown Away”
- Update on Sheridan planning for fall 2021 semester
- Sheridan soars to 14th spot on Forbes’ Canada's Best Employers list
- Partnership with McMaster University opens degree pathways