So Far From Home premieres on OMNI September 27
The world rarely sees the challenges and dangers faced by native reporters reporting from conflict regions...For Immediate Release: September 25, 2009
The world rarely sees the challenges and dangers faced by native reporters reporting from conflict regions such as Afghanistan, Eritrea, Iran, Pakistan and Uganda.
Canadian Journalists for Free Expression (CJFE), Sheridan College and Willing Mind Productions present “So Far From Home”, an OMNI Television documentary film that offers a unique window in to the world of five journalists who did report from these dangerous places. The film was written and directed by Vladimir Kabelik, a documentary filmmaker and professor in the School of Animation, Arts & Design.
“So Far From Home” documents the journalists’ experiences, their efforts to come to terms with their past and their struggle to build a future in Canada.
The film will air on OMNI Television on Sunday, September 27 at 9:00 pm. Click the link below to hear an interview by Andy Barrie with Vladimir Kabelik, which aired on CBC's Metro Morning on Wednesday, September 23.
- Playing with fire: Gearing up for a second season of Blown Away
- Sheridan celebrates second season of Netflix series “Blown Away”
- Sheridan soars to 14th spot on Forbes’ Canada's Best Employers list
- Partnership with McMaster University opens degree pathways to Sheridan General Arts and Science graduates
- Breaking down barriers: How an inclusive environment created new opportunities
Stories you may like
Sheridan team creates virtual timeline for The Cronenberg Project
Multi-platform celebration of Canadian filmmaker opens November 1
Sheridan grads part of Golden Globe-winning team
Five Sheridan graduates contributed to Pixar's Brave