In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, our students, employees and alumni are lending their support to various areas of need.
Learn more about how we are supporting our community.
The #SheridanHelps Initiative is providing support by:
- Offering emergency financial aid for students.
- Sharing our skills and expertise to help others through this challenging time.
- Sheridan donated several thousand pairs of gloves, hundreds of masks and gowns, face shields, safety glasses, sanitizers and particulate respirators to Trillium Health Partners and the William Osler Health System from our health and technology programs and our campus Health Centres.
- Employees are volunteering at our Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Design Technologies (CAMDT) to print face shields, which will be donated for use at hospitals in Brampton, Mississauga and Oakville.
- Investigating how our parking lots and buildings might be used to support emergency measures as needed.
Related news stories from Sheridan
April 8: Grads shift gears to fight COVID-19
In the media
April 2, Samaritan Mag: Sheridan Colleges Creates COVID-19 Emergency Financial Aid Bursary
April 8, Brantford Expositor: Sewers make cloth masks to help in COVID-19 fight
Opportunities to volunteer and donate to help our local communities:
Sheridan’s employees and students have strong ties to our communities, and many want to donate their time and/or resources to help during this crisis. Please consider the opportunities identified here.
Volunteering in the community during COVID-19
There are several volunteer coordinators in our local communities that are continuing to support the non-profit sector during COVID-19 with organizing volunteer support.
Supporting our local communities
Despite the limitations of volunteering in person during COVID-19, there are still many ways you can contribute to help our local communities and the agencies that continue to serve those most vulnerable. Please consider supporting these agencies if you're able to.