Why work at Sheridan?
Join the Sheridan team!
By joining the Sheridan team, you'll have a chance to discover community, shape the future of our students and evolve with us. We are dedicated to finding candidates who enjoy engaging in meaningful and rewarding work and share our passion for student success and education.
Diversity is a Sheridan strength and leveraging it to unleash the potential of faculty, staff and students is our priority. We’re making meaningful strides towards making a more inclusive community. Visit our Office of Inclusive Communities.
“Sheridan is proud to once again be recognized as an employer of choice,” said Dr. Janet Morrison, President and Vice Chancellor. “Our faculty and staff are the best in the business and together, we fuel and sustain a values-driven organization that believes in the transformational power of higher education. An unwavering commitment to putting students first is how we stay focused and resilient.”
Giving the best back to our employees
Our employees bring their best every day to our students and to the Sheridan community. In return, we’re committed to giving the best back to our employees and their families through our benefits:
Opportunities to Learn and Grow
- Enrol in Sheridan courses for $20 + program costs
- Access a Professional Development Fund of up to $1,000 per year
- Participate in free onsite workshops for employees
- Generous tuition reimbursement program and scholarship plan for dependents
- Regular time away from work is essential for recharging. Full-time employees start at a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year in addition to our paid college closure from Dec. 25 – Jan. 1
- Maternity and parental leave options that include at least 1 year of leave for child’s birth or adoption with a top-up of up to 93% of your earnings
Group Insurance Benefits
Permanent full-time employees receive the following Sun Life benefit coverage with a significant portion of premiums paid by the college:
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- Hearing Care
- Basic Life Insurance/AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Our community cares deeply about wellness. As stated in Sheridan Wellness: Our Strategy for Community Well-Being, we are committed to creating healthy and vibrant communities through wellness practices and spaces that bolster our community members and their ideas, and nurture diverse approaches to wellness, creativity and innovation.
- Our Employee and Family Assistance Program provider, Morneau Shepell, offers mental and physical health, emotional well-being and work-life balance resources to employees.
Future Financial Security
All permanent, contract and part-time employees have access to the secure defined benefit CAAT Pension Plan which offers:
- Lifetime pension
- Employer matched contributions
- Unreduced early retirement pension options
- Lifetime pension for surviving spouse