About Human Resources
Our commitment to Sheridan employees
As a team of dedicated HR professionals, we are committed to building on our reputation as a leading employer by offering Sheridan's employees the guidance, support, and expertise that they need.
We strive to do this by partnering with Sheridan's employees to provide:
- An Investment in Employee Success
- Effective Organizational Partnerships
- Comprehensive Employment Services
- A Renowned Talent Acquisition Program
- Human Relations Expertise
- A Robust Rewards and Recognition Culture
- Ongoing support of employee benefits
- Expertise in fostering supportive, safe, inclusive, and respectful workplaces
Our structure and services
As part of Sheridan's strategic goal of building our reputation as a leading employer, we're committed to focusing on People Management Transformation, Total Rewards Review and Communication, and Transformational Change Capabilities.
In support of these priorities, the HR Department is structured into two Centres of Expertise:
Employment Relations and Talent Acquisition
A focal point for leader-focused consultation and human resources strategy development and deployment, this group is comprised of specialists in employment relations and talent acquisition. The integration of these functions supports leaders in achieving Sheridan's strategic plan.
Leading a set of integrated organizational processes designed to support, motivate, and engage employees, the HR Services team provides services to our employees in:
- Total Compensation (Pension, Benefits, Compensation, Human Resources Information Systems)
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Employee Wellness
- Disability Management
*Human Resources also proudly works closely with the Centre for Equity and Inclusion, which is responsible for Diversity and Inclusion initiatives as well as Human Rights and Harassment programs and services that support all members of the Sheridan community (employees, students, visitors).
Contact Human Resources
Have a question? We're here to help!
Room B237, Trafalgar Road Campus
1430 Trafalgar Road
Oakville, ON, L6H 2L1
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Phone: 905-845-9430, Ext. 2297
Follow us on Twitter: @HRSheridan