Recognized Postsecondary Institutions
Sheridan recognizes the following types of institutions for the purposes of admission, evaluation of credit transfer and awarding block transfer credit:
- Member institutions of the Ontario Council on Admission and Transfer Credit (ONCAT)
- Canadian public postsecondary institutions
- University Canada member institutions
- Canadian degree-granting institutions that are primarily faith-based and approved as a private postsecondary institution in Canada
- International institutions considered accredited or recognized in their country, as determined by the Office of the Registrar through accreditation reference materials or the Ministries of Education of that country.
All other institutions are considered unrecognized. This would include, but is not limited to:
- Any educational institution or other organization that is not a postsecondary institution (e.g. secondary schools, professional organizations)
- Career Colleges and private institutions that do not meet any of the criteria listed above. Sheridan reserves the right to not recognize credentials from certain institutions.