Sheridan Emergency Bursary
The Sheridan Emergency Bursary provides financial support to full-time students experiencing an urgent and exceptional financial emergency during their study period.
A financial emergency is defined as a crisis that could not have reasonably been budgeted for during the student's current study period.
This bursary helps students in recovering from their financial emergency and is not intended to cover their entire costs or replace insurance (health, tenants, automobile or otherwise).
Examples of situations that do not qualify for the Sheridan Emergency Bursary include:
- Support for outstanding tuition and fees.
- Delay of government-issued funding (e.g., OSAP).
- Poor management of personal finances.
- Routine medical expenses not covered by health insurance (e.g., over-the-counter medications).
- Scams or fraud (phone scams, email scams, etc.).
- Spending that doesn't align with a reasonable standard of living.
- Expenses already covered through other avenues of support (e.g., International Medical Bursary, Bursary for Students with Disabilities).
To be eligible for this bursary students must:
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be enrolled full-time or have an approved accommodated reduced course load.
- Apply for the bursary within one month from when the financial emergency occurred.
- Provide supporting documentation regarding the emergency.
- Not have received an emergency bursary in the current academic year.
- Be enrolled in a program delivered only at Sheridan. Students enrolled in joint programs (programs offered in partnership with another institution) are not eligible.
Students who are experiencing a financial emergency and meet the eligibility criteria above should meet with the Financial Aid & Awards Office for further direction and instruction on how to apply.
Contacts and support
Email: email@example.com (please use your Sheridan student email account and provide your Sheridan Student ID number and as much information about your inquiry as possible)
Phone and in-person: Follow the steps at qless.sheridancollege.ca