Teaching & Research Interests
Scholarship, Research & Creative Activities
Ryan is a PEO (Professional Engineers of Ontario) Licensed Engineer who received his BSc and MSc degrees in Aerospace Engineering from Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran in 1994 and 2000 respectively.
He has been engaged in major international projects in the Aerospace and Automotive industries for about 20 years. As an Aerospace Engineer, Ryan first started his career in the field of aircraft design (Conceptual Design to Production Approval certificate) but after a few years he decided to steer his career path toward design of automated production lines for aircraft and car manufacturers.
Ryan has working knowledge of a wide range of design commercial codes such as CATIA V5, CATIA V4, DELMIA, SOLIDWORKS, AutoCAD, MATLAB + SIMULINK, AAA (Advanced Aircraft Analysis), MATHCAD and etc. He also is familiar with some programming languages such as C, FORTRAN, MATLAB, and Visual BASIC.
The experience of working with clients from all around the world in different fields of activities enabled Ryan to apply a wide range of regulations and standards in his designs (i.e. FAR, JAR and Military Airworthiness regulations and ASME, SAE, ANSI, DIN and JIS design standards). In parallel with engineering career, Ryan has been teaching Mechanical Engineering courses at Azad University, Tehran where he was awarded for teaching excellence (satisfaction grade of 91.25%).
- (2013 - present) Professor, SAE Aerodesign Advisor School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering & Technology (MEET) Sheridan College, Brampton, Canada
- (2006-2013) Senior Designer: Design and establishment of production lines for Global Express, Dash 8 and Lear jet aircrafts Bombardier Aerospace de Havilland, Toronto, Canada
- (2000-2005) Senior Designer: Design and establishment of automated production lines for several international car manufacturers EDAG Engineering + Design AG Co., Fulda, Germany TAM Co. (Engineering & Construction Company), Tehran, Iran
- (1999-2005) Professor Azad University, Technical & Engineering Faculty, Tehran, Iran
- (1997-2004) Senior Engineer: Aircraft conceptual design to Production Approval certificate Dorna Aerospace Co., Tehran, Iran
- (1997-2000) Design Engineer: Design and construction of flight simulators Amirkabir University of Technology, Aerospace department, Tehran, Iran
- (1995-1997) Design Engineer IHSRC (Iran Helicopter Support and Renewal Co.),Tehran, Iran
- (1989-1997) Teacher: Teaching Mathematics and Physics Nikaeen Educational Institute, Tehran, Iran