Teaching & Research Interests
Praveen Goel earned his first degree in civil engineering from PEC Chandigarh (India). He received his postgraduate (MTech) degree in environmental engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur (India).
Praveen worked as a project engineer for 12 years and a project manager for six years for a large organization in India before migrating to Canada.
He received his postgraduate diploma in quality assurance from Sheridan College (Davis Campus). He obtained three major certifications from the American Society for Quality: He is a Certified Quality Engineer, Certified Quality Auditor, and Certified Manager of Quality and Organizational Excellence.
Praveen joined Sheridan’s Faculty of Applied Science and Technology in 2005 as a part-time professor. He is passionate about sharing his practical experience and knowledge by teaching various quality assurance courses. He teaches Quality Auditing, Quality Management, ISO Implementation and Documentation, and Process Control to postgraduate students.
Praveen has worked as a quality manager at Eurocan Precision Machining in Brampton for about nine years. He also works as a consultant to various organizations, providing expert advice/consultancy on ISO implementation, documentation, and internal auditing.
He is a member of the American Society for Quality (USA), and a life member of the Institution of Engineers (India). He loves teaching, presentations, and mentoring. He has written various articles and technical papers on engineering and quality.
Praveen is happily married and blessed with a daughter and a son. Both his children have received their education from the University of Waterloo and are well settled in their careers.
- STATISTICS AND QUALITY ASSURANCE FOR BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING (ADVANCED MANUFACTURING & AUTOMATION) DEGREE (NEW) in addition to the following:
- Courses currently teaching in MEET (Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Technology) under FAST (Faculty of Allied Science & Technology):
- • QUAL54251 International Standards for Quality (ISO)
- • QUAL53273 Statistical Quality Control
- • QUAL51763 Quality Auditing
- • QUAL59338 Total Quality Management
- • ENGI59829 Instrumentation & Process Control
- • QUAL20016 Quality and Statistical Control
- • HEAL27485 Health, Work and Safety